HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat trailer tires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
    All trailer tires are now made in China no matter what brand. I used to use Goodyear but have switched to Carlisle and have had good luck with them. Just replaced a set of Goodyears on my car dolly with Carlisle and they are a higher load rating and also say inflate to 65 psi. I will get them for my boat trailer next time I need some.
    Name:  IMG_6175.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  155.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    Mine say 35 psi cold (PRINTED ON TIRE ) . Are you saying to go above what is on tire ? Figure you are talking larger tires . Mine are 13 's.
    Those are right for the size boat and load you have on trailer. 35 is what you need to run.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA View Post
    All trailer tires are now made in China no matter what brand. I used to use Goodyear but have switched to Carlisle and have had good luck with them. Just replaced a set of Goodyears on my car dolly with Carlisle and they are a higher load rating and also say inflate to 65 psi. I will get them for my boat trailer next time I need some.
    May be in short supply soon with this trade war!
    LivetoFish
    Likes RogerA LIKED above post

RogerA is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Name:  IMG_6175.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  155.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Glad to see this, will check them out next time.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

duckhunter is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    Ive had terrible luck with loadstars blowing out.The last set i bought i believe are rainer st,they have been good so far.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Don't want to hear that, lol. Haven't used them much yet, and the only reason I bought them was because they were the only 8 ply, class D tire I could find. I hope I have better luck with mine, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I the biggest killer of trailer tires is axle alignment. I know that mine will creep 1/4 - 1/2" from hitting holes in boat ramps, potholes, and all of the other stuff that trailers hit going down the road. For many trailers, you can align in the driveway by removing the tires, jacking up the trailer, loosening U bolts and lining up the difference between the hub spindle to the hitch. It doesn't take too long and will definitely make a difference minimizing tire wear. I have found that very few shops will align a trailer and I don't know what is involved with fancier or newer rigs.
    Likes Speck, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post
    Thanks SpeckledSlab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat trailer tires

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Knot View Post
    I the biggest killer of trailer tires is axle alignment. I know that mine will creep 1/4 - 1/2" from hitting holes in boat ramps, potholes, and all of the other stuff that trailers hit going down the road. For many trailers, you can align in the driveway by removing the tires, jacking up the trailer, loosening U bolts and lining up the difference between the hub spindle to the hitch. It doesn't take too long and will definitely make a difference minimizing tire wear. I have found that very few shops will align a trailer and I don't know what is involved with fancier or newer rigs.
    This is the culprit on most trailers with excessive tire wear. Bent axles are a major cause also. With good axles and alignment, you should get many years of heavy use from a set of radial TRAILER tires. D or E rated tires only on a trailer. C or below car tires won’t do as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes RogerA LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    This is the culprit on most trailers with excessive tire wear. Bent axles are a major cause also. With good axles and alignment, you should get many years of heavy use from a set of radial TRAILER tires. D or E rated tires only on a trailer. C or below car tires won’t do as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed yesterday that on one side of my single axle the tire is wearing a little more on the inside of the tire than it is across the whole tread. Not much, but a little, indicating to me that that the axle may be bent up a little. I wondered who or where I could accurately get that checked out and or straightened?

Bobby McGaha
    3250 Harrison St. Ste. 300
    Batesville, AR 72501
    870-612-5300

Securities offered through First Allied Securities, Inc., A Registered Broker/Dealer. Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through First Allied Advisory Services, Inc. A Registered Investment Adviser.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good information here...My Skeeter uses an odd wheel/radial tire size that is hard to locate.Last few sets bought from an outfit called etrailer. They have a huge selection of every size known to man and ship at reasonable cost....Might take a look

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Knot View Post
    I was going through tires every three years until I upgraded to a 3500 lb axle vs the 1500 that came on the Bear trailer. Cost about $120 and shipped to my house. Took about an hour to install. 1652 G3 side console.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast