HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 138 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2150

Thread: Uncle Don's coffeehouse 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, your post reminded me and had me reflecting on my grandpa's funeral..he had full honors also from the navy. Left a huge impression on that 12 year old kid and instilled a lot of respect for those that serve. Safe travels home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I’ll go fishing.” – Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Safe travels
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    That's a fact Jerry. I can remember coming home to a note on my dad's garage door.
    "Borrowed your chainsaw, back the day after tomorrow"

Two days later it was back. It was all clean, came with a brand new chain in the box, the old one sharpened, and 2 gallons of gas. Still no clue who took it.

I've lived in this house for 9 years. My southern neighbor is 100 or so yards. His name is Don... or Dan... or maybe Dean. We spoke once (9 years ago). He is or at least was married. I've never seen her outside but see her car leave. I am convinced she is locked in a pit in their basement being forced to "put the lotion on the skin"
    I've been in my house 30 years and right from day one I would stop and talk to and offer to help out the old folks in the neighborhood. Now I am the old folks and nobody wants to be neighborly. Good thing I have Jeff right down the road. Oh, and Captain Sinky right next door, too.
    Likes wicklundrh, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For those that do not know, or have never seen this in action, I reccomend the following two videos. These two videos specifically deal with the Marine Corps Body Bearers at 8th and I (corner of 8th street and I street in DC). These are the guys that perform over 200 funeral services per year for Marines laid to rest at Arlington national cemetary. They do NOT take this job lightly! There motto is "The last to let you down". The pride they have for the Marine they are carrying is unwavering and undeniable. The sense of respect they have for the family of the fallen is the reason I send you to these videos.

Although I am a Marine, and can only comment on the Marine Corps, each branch of service has a special way that they perform these duties. The Marine Corps is the only branch that utilizes only 6 Casket bearers where as others use 8. The brotherhood of a Marine is strong. People always comment about the pompus nature of Marines, the "I'm better than everyone else" attitude. The truth is that only 1% of America qualifies to be in Military service. OF THEM, ONLY 1% earns the Marine title. We are very close knit. From the day we wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor, until the day we are laid to rest! The brotherhood is stronger than any other branch of Military service. Watch these videos and you will see that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9SzHRlGRXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_efp8ULtEM
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Just Steve, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It was a very good day. My new helper caught on quick so I was done working shortly after 1. Garage saled on the way home from Stockbridge and found a few good deals. When I got home and took a walk to check the garden, the mulberries were ripe to perfection. I ate enough to turn my spit purple for a while. Finally, when I got the mail, my prize package from Charlie Brewer was in the mailbox. Plastics, jigs and spinners plus a couple of stickers. Quick nap then burgers on the grill.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We will be heading home on Monday, Judy wants to spend a couple days with her mom and sister which I completely understand.

Managed to make a trip to the local Bass Pro with Possum, he bought some buffalo jerky, I asked for their summertime angler catalog....that’s all we walked out the door with.

Did get a invite from my friend to go offshore fishing, the mahi-mahi are on fire right now and you could load up easily, as tempting as it was I declined for another time when Judy could go too.

So, I bought nothing at BPS and declined a good time fishing......I might need to get outta the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube
    Likes yankee doodler, kycreek, Redge, "D" LIKED above post
    Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, if there is anything at the house that needs doing or checking let me know. I could run down there for you.
    Likes Just Steve LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You were over by my house Jerry. Tons of lakes in this area!

Steve, I've been to Cabela's and BP a quite a few times within the last year. Each time I purchased nothing!
    Likes Just Steve LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Kane Road just south of M-36 putting in windows. Building a deck there this summer and replacing the final 7 windows and doing siding next summer. Not a good area to run short of materials. Two 2x6x10 cost me 22.00 at the Stockbridge Ace. I about had a heart attack!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartannation View Post
    Steve, if there is anything at the house that needs doing or checking let me know. I could run down there for you.
    Thanks Jerry
    I should be good, dad is taking care of the dog (Wilbur) and the cat. Lawn might need mowing but that can wait until I get there.
    Possum is back home now and will look in till we get back too.

Appreciate the gesture

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube
    Likes "D" LIKED above post