HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic day spider rigging for the first time with my step dad on Lake Shelbyville, IL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epic day spider rigging for the first time with my step dad on Lake Shelbyville, IL

I know this may not intrigue everyone but little back story here because this is my first post on here so here we go....If you don't want to read this feel free to just watch the videos if you would like. So my step dad and I use to not see eye to eye on a lot of things and for the longest time I never use to even fish unless one of my buddys made me but I wasn't raised fishing with my dad or anything like that. I eventually got into bass fishing because of a friend and I started to go a lot and eventually got obsessed. My step dad (always being a crappie fisherman) never really asked for me to go with him or anything for a long time after I got really into fishing. Well the day finally came to go fishing with him and I was nervous as ever because up to this point we got along a lot better mostly because I had grown up a lot but we still didn't really see eye to eye on a lot of things. Ill never forget taking off from the boat launch (first time ever in a bass boat) and we ran down the lake and I was literally amazed at how cool the boat was and how fast we were goin and needless to say I was ready to get a boat! So eventually I bought my first boat which he took me out and taught me how to properly drive it and maintain it and kind of give me the tools to get going in my own boat and be safe and smart. That was years ago....so fast forwarding to now, Fishing has brought us SOOOOO much closer and I worked for him for a while which also helped but fishing has been the biggest part that has brought us closer so this day was pretty epic for me. I travel a lot for work and get to fish quite a bit in a lot of different states but i'm never really home anymore. I took a week off of work and did nothing but fished all over Illinois for bass and ended up catching some walleye and stuff on accident. One of the days I really wanted to spend crappie fishing with my step dad especially after he got this new contraption called the spider rig. Luckily since he owns his business he took a day off and we got out on Lake Shelbyville in Illinois for one of the most epic days I've seriously ever had fishing. Ive never caught so many fish in one day and to spend it with him and realize how close we've gotten mostly because of fishing just made for a really special and epic day....So here's my videos from that day and I hope you guys enjoy them and feel free to let me know what you think! For you youtubers feel free to subscribe and ill check your videos out. Thanks for reading and watching

Part 1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJONXKKnsmM
    Part 2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r14G5diY5Ks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epic day spider rigging for the first time with my step dad on Lake Shelbyville, IL

Great story and great catch, but most of all you got to do it with your stepdad!!
    Sometimes in life we all have our problems, your stepdad was probably trying ho help you all along, you stated your growing up and maturing helped the situation. Glad to see you both can now enjoy a sport that will only pull you closer together!! Y'all wear em out!!Epic day spider rigging for the first time with my step dad on Lake Shelbyville, IL

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes dougie511 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to all on the fishing and the fun day

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't mean to get emotional on my first post but it was a cool day and made me realize how far we've came from where we were. It sounds like we might make a trip to reel foot lake in Tennessee next spring so im excited for that. He usually goes to Granada a lot in Mississippi but I have yet to get invited on that one lol. I hope you wear them out to! Thank you for reading and watching it means a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks man! and thank you for watching.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed your story and video's.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for checking out my story!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post and I enjoyed the video!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story and video
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Great post and vid.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast