HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake Washington Rule Changes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
    I run yo yo's at Sardis if I lived down there I would do the same there. It's just another way to pass time on the water with family and friends. I pull cranks and I single pole also. Rules and regulations are there to follow same as anything else. You can drink and drive 100 times and all it takes is to get busted 1 time. Washington has gotten a lot of attention in the last few years. I would never have known it existed if it wasn't for social media. Social Media is taking its toll on crappie fishing just like it's taking its toll on society. Every picture you post has to be bigger and better than everybody's else. Every body going after limits of fish for a picture in a $40000 boat. Only in America.
    You just about nailed it on the head. I’d never heard of Washington until about 5 years ago. Fished Sardis for 30 years.

People just can’t help themselves, gotta get on here and Facetwitter and whatever else and brag about what they caught. Then get mad when 10 boats are sitting on their spot when they go back.

Don’t get me wrong I like being on this site but you have to be careful about what you put on here. There’s probably 30 or so active people on here but I bet there’s 500 just looking at what everyone is posting.

There was another thread about Grenada and a guy told where he caught the limit in 4 hours today and said he was going back in the morning. Probably didn’t think much of it but tomorrow when the parking lot is full and a 100 boats are all around , who is to blame then?

Same thing happened to duck hunting 15 years ago. I might go twice a year now. Just too much hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes FIN, arkcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

What few yoyos are out there, are removing mostly catfish which should be helping the crappie. The crappie aren't making it to the trees in the numbers that they should be. Perhaps these prespawn tournaments are hurting them by stressing the fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Someone said it, look in the mirror. I am responsible for 8 fish disappearing out of Washington this year. My wife and I enjoyed them on 2 meals. Keep a log of how many fish you are responsible for leaving the lake and see where you can help the situation. I'm sure there are people that have kept a lot of fish and then complain. We have to be the stewards!
    Likes Speck, Northforker, Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

As bad as I hate to say it, I blame the tournament trail. Ain't never fished Washington but I've always heard about it and how is the starting spot of the spawn. I do blame is though. Years ago you could pull up to just about any stump in arkabutla and pull out 3 or 4 nice slabs. Not any more. Didn't see Missouri and Kentucky tags in the parking lot either. The trail hit and BAM. The people came. It's good for the economy and the sport, but bad for us locals. Now Arkabutla is hard to fish. We must just become better fishermen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Last edited by "G"; 05-22-2018 at 05:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't find an edit button. Sorry guys. Note to self: proof read before hitting the send button

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tcounty View Post
    You just about nailed it on the head. I’d never heard of Washington until about 5 years ago. Fished Sardis for 30 years.

People just can’t help themselves, gotta get on here and Facetwitter and whatever else and brag about what they caught. Then get mad when 10 boats are sitting on their spot when they go back.

Don’t get me wrong I like being on this site but you have to be careful about what you put on here. There’s probably 30 or so active people on here but I bet there’s 500 just looking at what everyone is posting.

There was another thread about Grenada and a guy told where he caught the limit in 4 hours today and said he was going back in the morning. Probably didn’t think much of it but tomorrow when the parking lot is full and a 100 boats are all around , who is to blame then?

Same thing happened to duck hunting 15 years ago. I might go twice a year now. Just too much hassle.

And bass fishing, and turkey hunting, and deer hunting............
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That’s why I squirrel hunt lol

Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123