HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally broke down.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll like it JD. Below are some notes I wrote about mine. I spent about 30 minutes one night just playing with the thing and watching how it mechanically operates. It's pretty slick. Many of the Ulterra malfunctions that you read about are due to prolonged dry shafts (occasionally wipe a very light coat of WD40 on the shaft), a loose belt (a 30 second adjustment) or ice buildup during the cold winter. I've seen Ulterra shafts that look like they've never been lubed. You'll see marks up and down the shaft that indicate the shaft has been jumping and stopping in increments, instead of going up and down smoothly. I'm happy with mine so far. I like spotlock so much that I named my home wifi modem spotlock! :-)

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishi...ot-lock-7.html
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    Likes IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies John. I've actually read your write-up recently. Thought I was going to get it out this weekend but had a little repair to do on the front deck before I could mount it. Looks kike a helix 7 is next for a front graph with the US2. Finding them pretty reasonable on ebay. May try Brian @BBG first. Momma says I've spent my fishing allowance for the year (lol) so we'll see. Spotlock was my main reason for purchase. It fits my style very well. Next weekend looks good so far with the weather and maybe an evening trip before then.
    Likes Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12