HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eufaula Lake Report 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    Attachment 294625Attachment 294626south and rigging minnows and jigs (burned my 1/2lb minnows in half day). As many as you could want to catch, as long as your rigging. From 4 to 12 feet deep.
    What rods do you use sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Kept 53 between two of us and threw back i dont know a count. 4-12 ft on minnows. South end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.grizzlyjig.com/p-383-sho...reel-seat.aspx I purchased the 16 footers. They are super cheap and will replace them soon. But if you just want to try rigging like I did without investing about 250$ for decent rods its a good way to see if you like rigging. The rack is driftmaster. I like EB's setup with single stand holders each screwed into the boat separately. The racks are a bit fuzzy when it comes to detecting bites. When one shakes they all shake.
    Likes Bigskyfisherman, deerhunterodie LIKED above post
    Thanks Bcrappieguy thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good post, Fishers, especially about the fuzzy bite detection.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know which rod holders you use Chris but I switched all mine to the driftmaster gun slingers. Don’t have near the movement on a bite I had with the standard holders they sell. I know grizzly jig sells them cheaper than anybody

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention I’m running the driftmaster h250’s. Another thing that helps a lot when you use a tbar is adding more weight to your rig. Takes a lot of bounce out of the rods when a fish hits. If you are running a half ounce weight try an ounce

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. I am running 1/4 ounce, Prolly not helping...

Post Thanks / Like

I am running really soft tip rods about as close to the water as I can get them. I pretty much went to straight 1 ounce weight in all depths. Extra weight takes a lot of bounce out of the rod and keeps them down in all this wind

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I’ve guided spider rigging for 15 years sometimes 16 Rods on a trip. Yes I said 16 rods lol. Anyway when I decided to set up this boat for guiding the Dub l seats and driftmaster Crappie stalkers were the cats ass. Chris is stating that the bite detection is unreal. If the minnow runs from the Crappie it tells you. We all know that the Crappie will hit a big jig harder than anything, but when they are finicky the minnows out fish the jigs. When you can see them pick it up it’s worth it. Don’t get me wrong my clients miss lots of fish but that’s mostly because they are not use to the technique at first then 3 hrs into the trip they see it! I just run the boat and take fish off! As far as weights by depth. 2-6ft-1/4, 6-12ft- 1/2, and 12-20ft 3/4 ounce. The bounce had more to do with the weight in the front of your boat. Hope this helps?

Eufaula report- guys the fish are biting, they’re are some shallow but mist are still staging for pre spawn. Mostly in the creeks. The lake fish are still winter pattern to pre spawn. I believe this weekend with 3 nights in the 50-60s the fish will be hard on the bank Sat and Sun.

EB
    Likes OK Toon, deerhunterodie LIKED above post
    Thanks davebrown42 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan I know it’s a challenge running long poles with folks that have never done it before. Those stalkers are the way to go no doubt but have caught a lot of fish on the T bars. I stuck with the 12 ft poles for beginners until they get the hang of it. I believe Chris started with 16’s that’s pretty amazing. Think the difference is I normally only rig in 8 to 25 fow on kaw where you guys are running pretty shallow. I do know when a blue cat hits a pole it is a big cluster quick.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast