HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 88 of 215 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Don's coffeehouse 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Aaron. I spoke with him yesterday. Didn't sound good. I hope it is only the gall blader. Been there, done that. Very common with smokeless tobacco users.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Thanks OneidaEagle thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Aaron, hope he’s on the mend soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube
    Thanks OneidaEagle thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Went down and did a walk through. The widows friend who showed me around explained that the guy had tons of stuff, fishing, hunting and tools, but that he couldn't find a lot of it. Not sure where it went. Looked through a small collection of marginal ice gear and a gross of styro foam minnow buckets. Found nothing of interest. The next building was mostly tools. Again, the same story. Not sure where it is. Ended up buying what has to be one of the first portable flashers for a cottage decoration and a kreg jig and a bunch of screws. Hope she's not getting ripped off.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

The flasher I bought is a Gladding Aqua Search made by South Bend, model 1000. I think it was made in 1973 and runs on two 6v spring top lantern batteries. I don't know if it works but if it does I'm going to use it next ice season on at least one trip. Might even break out the "vintage" steel ice rods and wooden nail keg fishing bucket I got from my grandpa.
    Likes Redge, "D" LIKED above post

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That box of walleye makes me wish I had some on the freezer.
    Likes Just Steve LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartannation View Post
    Might even break out the "vintage" steel ice rods and wooden nail keg fishing bucket I got from my grandpa.
    I have a friend in Mulliken who has his living room done in all vintage hunting/fishing items and has decided to get rid of it all ( a phase I guess) there is some old ice fishing rods, maybe I should buy them off him and we could have a "Vintage Ice Fishing Day"next ice season.

Hes also got some deer/bear/fish mounts he wants to get rid of, I told him to check in the UP for some bars/watering holes as they might want that stuff for decor. If I didn't catch or shoot it, I have no desire to own it....I have just a few mounts that represent to me a special time.
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I too have that "vintage" ice gear. Just cannot seem to part with it. I have a pretty cool tip up that I found in my Grandpa's shop after his passing. Always wanted to use it. I've never seen one like it before.

Jerry, if the guy didn't pass suddenly, it isn't uncommon for them to start giving away some of their stuff to people they feel could use it, respect it, and appreciate it. If not, sometimes the kids get involved and, whether they need it or not, they take it just so others can't have it!

I once had a sizeable styrafoam bucket collection. Seemed like I always forgot one whenever I purchased minnows. Eventually, I put one in my truck, boat, and anyplace else I could think of. I thought I got rid of them all but actually found two more in the barn last week!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

No, the death was sudden and unexpected. The widow has no idea what is and isn't there. None of my business either way I guess but I did help her put a price on a Werner extension ladder this morning. Still thinking about a Stihl 391 chainsaw she has to replace my 310. They have a fishing kayak, can't remember the brand, but I know nothing about them or what they're worth and a canoe, but I have two of those I never use.

Steve, does your friend want to sell everything together or piece it out and is there anything not too expensive that would fit the decor at the Beats-a-Tent (Redneck cottage ghetto lodge)

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs OE will be so happy when she gets home........
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Winter beard came off.........
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021