Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talquin Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talquin Report

Does anyone have a report from Lake Talquin? Im headed down the 23rd - 25th. Trying to see how the bite has been?

Post Thanks / Like

I got it on my mind too. I'll be there Friday and give a report if I don't go elsewhere.
    The only "easy" day, was yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuckCountry View Post
    Does anyone have a report from Lake Talquin? Im headed down the 23rd - 25th. Trying to see how the bite has been?
    Was there all last week. AWFUL! Got 5 fish in 3 days of fishing. Fish were stacked in deep water but no bites. However, got to turn on sometime. Plan on going all next week.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I will be there on the 19th. My first time to fish the lake. I will give a report. I sure hope Sorrydogs report doesn't portend the bite next week. It will be warming weather so maybe we will have some luck. I will be pulling jigs until I see what's else might be working.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sorrydog View Post
    Was there all last week. AWFUL! Got 5 fish in 3 days of fishing. Fish were stacked in deep water but no bites. However, got to turn on sometime. Plan on going all next week.
    I stopped by the lodge yesterday and heard the same reports. Fish blowing up on the bottom machine, but not biting. They are hoping it turns around with the temps getting warmer. That last cold front a few weeks ago seems like it hurt the fishing pretty bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Went yesterday but got there late. Still manged a few fish in the main river channel and at Boyscout. Others caught many or limits on Saturday and Sunday. Had one gentlemen tell me they did well in 15 FOW for the early bite. The fish I caught were caught long lining white/chart and white/yellow/chart on pink and chart heads drug at .8-1.0.
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I’d mention - water temps 67 in main lake/channel and up to 71 in the creeks

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    USAF Retired - 1988 - 2011

Likes BigBuckCountry LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Home From 1st trip to Lake Talquin. Got there and couple was cleaning a limit they had caught the day before. They said the morning bite that day was not that good but the past few days had been real good. Finally got out and the wind started blowing 15 mph and struggled to learn the ropes and avoid the stumps. Caught a few small specks and got back to landing as it was getting dark. Next morning it was overcast and winds picking up. Managed to catch five nice specks before we gave it up. Fished mostly around Goat Island because that where we saw the most boats. Learning experience and I will go back.
    Likes John Doe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Freeman Creek this morning for a couple of hours and knocked the rookie stink off my boat. Caught 2 specks, one was small and the other was just over 10". Felt lost to start with, but saw other 'pros" in the same creek so I didn't feel so bad because the were not catching much either. Slowly learning.
    Likes Pompano Dan, BigBuckCountry LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What’s water temp there and as of today how are is the doing there now