Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shimano spirex vs syncopate

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shimano spirex vs syncopate

Anyone used both the Shimano spirex and syncopate?

I have only used the Spirex. One I bought last year has a very slight, but noticeable and annoying "catch" upon retrieve. I find it slightly ironic, given one I had since the early 90s was still serviceable, when some stole a 20+ year old reel.

This makes me wonder is the Spirex really worth the cost of two Syncopates? Opinions?
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

That catch is most likely from a plastic bushing that has plagued certain Shimano reels off and on for years. Can’t compare one reel to the other as I have never used either. You have to get up in the higher end Shimano’s to get a reel that does not have those bushings in the Shimano line. Wish I could be of more help.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks EWS thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Syncopates, noticed a few times the retrieve was not so smooth. Did some research and found people had issues with bushings when wet. Took off spool and oiled and after a while they would smooth out. I know fishing is wet environment but have served me well for "cheap" reels.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.
    Thanks EWS thanked you for this post