HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 34 of 215 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Don's coffeehouse 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Had a first happen. Bear in mind that I've trusted my eyes to Oakley glasses since I was in the Marines.

I've fired 10s of thousands of rounds through everything you can think of.

While shooting at that squirrel which was more than 30 feet up a tree, less than a second after pulling the trigger, a bb came straight back off from something and hit my lense square in the left eye. Not a tick, not like raining shot, but full force.

No crack to the lense, no chip, no nothing. I'm convinced they saved my eye at a minimum and maybe my life! 650.00 well spent.

Normally they don't cost that much but mine are prescription wrap around mirrored lenses.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Very well could have been your life Rich.

My college friend Jon is the fire chief down in a small town near Battle Creek, he got called out to a guy who was target shooting and the bullet came right back hit him in the eye, shattered his safety glasses and he died right there

Glad you’re ok

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.....glad you didnt get hurt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Wick, that will make a man think twice!
    Glad you had on the glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Rich,

Dang good thing you had them on..........
    I'm no genius, but I have about 8 pair of safety glass's in the garage for working on anything.

I have my Oakley's as well, Those are for fishing though.

I don't like anything near my eyes as it is..........
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020
    Custom Rods: Not afraid to show, in 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the Alma Open today, teams from all over the nation involved. (Open meant anyone could enter, even Jerry, Myself, even Steve or Rich)

My Kid got his butt handed to him like I had never seen before, so I had to look the winner up online.
    The other kid was a FILA Junior World Cup Gold Medalist, (Think Olympic caliber) and a list of accolades 1/2 a internet mile long..........

His next match was against an MSU Opponent. He won 4-2 with 15 seconds to go.....

His next match was against the Ann Arbor team, and he was done with a loss in :52. That was brutal.

Lastly he lost his last match for 5th/6th, and placed 6th. There was some scrutiny, and some strange calls, rule changes he did not know, that involved injury time, and the ref gave the other kid his choice for the second and third periods, from the stands, we were all like WTF?

My Father Inlaw was there, and for the first time, EVER, I heard him utter the words, "For the first time ever, I CAN'T root for MSU until this is over........."

He finished the day 1-3 Which he has never done since he was maybe 6 or 7 years old, but it was against some of the best in the nation. In a year or two, after he gets more used to College Wrestling, and better knowledge of College rules, he will do better. It was UGLY, but He did scrape out one win, over MSU for which I was proud.

Austin, My Wrestler/Body Guard, is in the Alma Singlet, on the right taken during his MSU Match.

Name:  Alma Open.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  60.9 KB
    Custom Rods: Out-Snagging Berkly's 7-2 Since 2019 / Custom Rods: Collecting more dust that Berkley due to Covid Since 2020

Likes vbottom, "G", Just Steve, ready2fish LIKED above post
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry your boat project reminds me I need to put a radio in my boat.......something less redneck than a portable DeWalt which is the current sound system. Most times I like the quiet but then there are times I like to have it. My problem is (and this is no surprise) I'm not up on the latest or greatest. I could be happy with a AM FM CD player, but I am told that there are better ways, blue ray? bluetooth? apple tunes? plays from a ipod? .... I'm lost. At some point I need to start doing some asking and looking.
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I got a compact 18v Ridgid radio that I plan to take in the boat. Thought about mounting one in the dash but I think I'll just go with the portable.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Had a first happen. Bear in mind that I've trusted my eyes to Oakley glasses since I was in the Marines.

I've fired 10s of thousands of rounds through everything you can think of.

While shooting at that squirrel which was more than 30 feet up a tree, less than a second after pulling the trigger, a bb came straight back off from something and hit my lense square in the left eye. Not a tick, not like raining shot, but full force.

No crack to the lense, no chip, no nothing. I'm convinced they saved my eye at a minimum and maybe my life! 650.00 well spent.

Normally they don't cost that much but mine are prescription wrap around mirrored lenses.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Good to see you had eye protection on

Never as a younger person but as i got older and having eye surgeries and now having galcoluma I now respect my eyes and were Safety glasses, glade your outcome was good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Steve View Post
    Jerry your boat project reminds me I need to put a radio in my boat.......something less redneck than a portable DeWalt which is the current sound system. Most times I like the quiet but then there are times I like to have it. My problem is (and this is no surprise) I'm not up on the latest or greatest. I could be happy with a AM FM CD player, but I am told that there are better ways, blue ray? bluetooth? apple tunes? plays from a ipod? .... I'm lost. At some point I need to start doing some asking and looking.
    Steve,

There are indeed better ways, and they are numerous, and each has its pros and cons.

Any method needs a “Source” (EG Cell Phone for Spotify, I heart radio, etc). Those use “Data” and cell companies throttle data after certain amounts.
    That also requires great reception.

It may be easier to get what you exactly want at any moment. Like say, I want to hear “Montana Cafe, by Hank Williams Jr” I can get it.......

But of all that, and as technical as I am, nothing beats a plain old simply installed am/fm radio with auxiliary input, my next radio might have blue tooth to avoid a wire for auxiliary input, but that would be if the current radio dies, or I get a new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app