HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: recipe thread

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Stolen from the Mississippi recipe's.
    Pork Chili Verdi

Ingredients:
    3 lbs Boston Butt cut into 1 ½ “ cubes
    12 Tomatillos
    2 Jalapenos Pepper
    1 Serrano Pepper
    2 cans Green Chilies
    1 med/large onion rough chopped
    4 gloves garlic rough chopped
    1 ½ cups fresh Cilantro (divided in half)
    1 cup water
    3 tablespoons oil
    1 teaspoon cumin
    Salt to taste
    1 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
    Black Pepper to taste
    Juice of 1 lime

In a cast iron dutch oven, add oil and pork that has been seasoned with Salt and Pepper, cook til brown on all sides.
    Set aside
    Add everything else to the pot except the lime juice, 2 cans of green Chilies, the red pepper flakes and half the Cilantro.
    You’ll want to add water because it’ll look like you need to, but don’t, you don’t need it.
    Cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat until the tomatillos are falling apart.
    Add the mixture to a food processor and add in the Lime juice, the rest of the Cilantro and the green Chillies.

Puree the mixture but be careful to hold the top of the blender with a dish rag. It could blow the top off and you’d get burned.

Transfer everything, including the pork and red pepper flakes to a large crockpot and cook on High until the meat is tender. Add Salt and Black Pepper to taste Should take 2-3 hours

We served ours with Mexican Rice, Home Made Salsa, sour cream and Flour Tortillas.

Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bet this would be good with beef or chicken or venison too think I'll try a version
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO- http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_) http://theroundrobincajuncountrycooking.blogspot.com/
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of you already do this but for the ones that don't you should try it at least once. Last night I grilled some large white perch just like I do redfish, on the halfshell. I started off with 2 sticks of butter, clove of garlic diced and made me some brown garlic butter and right before it was ready I stirred in a teaspoon of Tony's.

I took my filets and patted them dry, next I sprayed them lightly with Olive Oil Pam. I then put them on a grilling tray I have and applied the garlic butter liberally. I them put them on a hot charcoal fire for a few minutes until done.

I served with twice baked tater, grilled asparagus, and stuffed mushrooms. Let's just say the bride was impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cornbread Dressing

CORNBREAD DRESSING....

One pan of cornbread. I used a 10" cast iron skillet with 2 packs of Martha White Yellow mix....(picture below)....I do not use any sweet cornbread mix.....I also use buttermilk instead of regular milk....trust me on this one...

1 pan cornbread
    1 can cream of celery
    1 large chopped (diced) onion
    salt & pepper to taste
    1/3 loaf white bread
    1 tsp Sage to taste
    Chicken broth to moisten( I used 3/4 can)
    1 bunch chopped green onion

In a large bowl combine crumpled cornbread, crumpled white bread (I sliced it small), cream of celery soup, onion, green onion then mix it up. Add broth until mixed well (smooth but not real wet). Add salt, pepper and sage to taste (I used 1 tsp sage). Either stuff in bird or cook in a pan (I used my 10" cast iron skillet) in oven at 350 F until done (about 1 hour)...
    I like mine with a gravy over it.

Enjoy....

Name:  IMG_1102.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  132.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1097.JPG
Views: 472
Size:  108.0 KBName:  IMG_1098.JPG
Views: 434
Size:  119.3 KBName:  IMG_1099.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  58.4 KBName:  IMG_1100.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  54.4 KB
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spicy ponzu glazed fish

Got this recipe from blue apron. We LOVE it. Make it several times a month. Have done it with bass catfish and sac au lait. If you like Asian give it a shot.

https://media.blueapron.com/recipes/...ed-Catfish.pdfName:  IMG_1251.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  115.6 KBName:  IMG_1252.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  132.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Will be doing a corned beef next week after the 1st. Make your own from scratch - buy a brisket on sale and begin:

5 pound brisket
    1/4 cup large-grained sea salt
    1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
    2 tsp ground ginger
    1/2 tsp ground cloves
    1/2 tsp sage
    1 tbl brown sugar
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp paprika
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup warm water

1. Wash and remove most fat from brisket. Mix together all spices and rub well into brisket. Let stand for one hour.
    2. Place brisket in zip-lock bag and pour water over the meat.
    3. Weigh the brisket down in the refrigerator with heavy stones or bricks.
    4. Refrigerate at least three weeks. Turn meat every 2-3 days while rubbing the mixture deep into the brisket.
    5. Before cooking, soak the brisket in several changes of cold water to remove excess salt - roughly 24 hours.

I know it's easier to by one from Walmart - but not as much fun.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Tbone LIKED above post
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

May have to try that. Lot of times I can't find corned beef in the stores around here.
    Likes crappy fisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the traditional pink color, add sodium nitrite. You can get that from your pharmacist. Did that the first time many years ago, but wasn't interested on how pretty it looks after that - just taste.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Another cobbler recipe

1 cup milk
    1 cup flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup your choice berries or fruit
    2 sticks of butter

Simply dump all together, mix well, bake in 350 oven till done. It will be brown and crusty on top but moist and delicious inside. Mom made this all the time growing up. Hope you enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The BEST authentic Italian tomato sauce recipe you will ever try! And I ain't kiddin.

Ingredients:
    2 cans (28-oz) whole peeled San Marzano plum tomatoes
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 onion, diced
    4 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tbls sugar
    1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
    pinch of red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    water as needed
    Mix butter into sauce

Dice onions and mince garlic. Put onions in pan with a tablespoon of sugar, half teaspoon salt, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Caramelize onions to a dark brown, if the onions start to dry out just add enough water to moisten things up a bit. At the very end add your minced garlic to give the garlic a very light brown color. Be careful to not overcook garlic as it will get bitter. A minute at most.

Now just simply put all ingredients in non reactive pot making sure to remove the grape leaves from the San Marzano tomatoes. Simmer for an hour to an hour and a half to desired consistency. Turn off heat and stir in butter for a richer sauce.

Of course more sugar can be added for a sweeter sauce, pepper can be added or omitted as you please.

Me and my girlfriend enjoy this right as it is on spaghetti or she makes a killer cheese manicotti covered and baked in it. You can puree it smooth and use it as marinara. It's so good! Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast