HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: High School Football Time Again.....John Boy's Senior Year

Post Thanks / Like

I have really enjoyed following your thread John, have so the past three years. Thanks.
    Randy Andres
    Thanks GoTennTitans thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    I've enjoyed it. Thanks for your posts. It makes me ponder the future of my 8 year old.
    Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    We had a great ride over the past 10 years playing literally all over the state of Arkansas. John probably was lucky that he never suffered any serious injuries, but the game of football made him what he is today.....a confident, mature, respectful, and respected young 18 year old man. We've shed tears of pain for him after heartbreaking losses and tears of joy after thrilling victories and if we could rewind time back to August of 2008, we would do it without hesitation!

My advice is to plan on playing peewee football and if your son doesn't take to it, make him finish the season and then go for something different the next year.

Good of luck to all of you who have a little "boy of fall." GTT
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    I have really enjoyed following your thread John, have so the past three years. Thanks.
    Thanks Randy. It's been fun!
    Likes Tracker123, Gindog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has been awesome. It has brought back so many memories of my football days and how much fun Friday night were. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and writing that you did, we can feel the energy and emotion in every word. Sure hate that it ended that way for the team. Again thanks for sharing this with us.

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed following your son and his team as well. Don't know if he's going to play at the next level, but if so I hope you can continue to journal his games here. My son is on the smaller side and is actually a better baseball player than football player. But football is what he loves and we love to watch him and his teammates play more than anything else. We still have 3 years to look forward to and still working to get to the varsity level. Was on the freshman team last year and probably be on the JV team this year.
    Likes GoTennTitans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Update.......John has received two full paid football scholarship offers so far and was just notified he'd been selected to play in the 2018 Senior All-Star Game that will be played at UCA this summer. He'll get to represent Harmony Grove one more time when he plays on the East All Stars. One of his friends from Bearden was selected also so I'm sure those two "old foes" will enjoy playing together. I'm ready to see it!!! GTT
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news. You can’t beat a free education. I am still paying off my student loans! What universities have given him offers? Regardless, it is hard to beat free!

Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]
    Likes GoTennTitans LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    That is great news. You can’t beat a free education. I am still paying off my student loans! What universities have given him offers? Regardless, it is hard to beat free!
    His first offer came last November from Lyon College in Batesville. Bethel University in McKenzie, Tennessee, contacted him a couple of weeks ago and threw in their offer. Their new head coach was previously an assistant at Arkansas Tech, if I'm remembering correctly.

John is 5'11' 265 lbs and although he plays hard and smart, there's just no way for him to get any taller. He's still hoping for a call from SAU.
    Likes Tracker123, Cricketcage LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Camden News article today.......

GTT
    Likes Tracker123, Cricketcage LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoTennTitans View Post
    His first offer came last November from Lyon College in Batesville. Bethel University in McKenzie, Tennessee, contacted him a couple of weeks ago and threw in their offer. Their new head coach was previously an assistant at Arkansas Tech, if I'm remembering correctly.

John is 5'11' 265 lbs and although he plays hard and smart, there's just no way for him to get any taller. He's still hoping for a call from SAU.
    Excellent! Keep us posted, really enjoy following the post about your boy. Thanks.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Cricketcage LIKED above post

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast