Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3946474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota i Pilot questions and answers

Post Thanks / Like

I took a little time on research but once I sat down and looked at the cables on the motor it wasn't to hard. Took about three hours to install but most of that was because I installed the quick release mounts. Of course I could have saved some time had I just read the directions but who does that. My original question was on how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Thanks kjones8167 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The puck is for i-pilot-link its for the heading sensor, like u said research it . and why waste time researching for how to hook a hummingbird product when they tout hummingbirds compatibility? the should include those instructions if not give u access to an instructional page on there site. maybe a dvd on how to use the tracking system, or how to get the trolling motor to follow depth contour. Oh, you need a compatible hummingbird unit like a helix 7 gps/g2n unit or better. like u said research. when YOU spend 1700 on a trolling motor and need a 600.00 new depth finder to get all of the advantages from THEIR product your damn right they should supply you everything you need for smooth and easy operations of them. I've all ready paid for that. and u-tube just doesnt cover the 2017 model I have, so minkota should!!

Post Thanks / Like

Minnkota does include an instruction booklet. Your compatible unit will be any Ethernet model with a lakemaster card. This is all listed in the booklet. If you goto Minnkota's website, they also have this manual online.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still trying to get a functional one. Spotlock wise at least.
    Recently talked to a very helpfull tech rep. He suggested I get my batteries load tested. I of course told him my batteries were fine. The very next day my motor wouldnt start. Of course I checked every fuse ever known to man kind. Then I checked the batteties. My starting battery was carroded worse than any battery Ive ever seen. Wish I haf took a pic. My other 2 batteries werent as bad but definately needed cleaning. I took my ipilot of and put my footpedal back on after I found out the spotlock didnt work so I dont know if that helped it or not. Just hoping it helps somebody
    Some folks fish to live. I live to fish

Post Thanks / Like

SPOTLOCK.....I have an iPilot with remote and I'm familiar with the issues around spotlock....drifting off, etc. Is the newer model better? Is the newer model iLink?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to minnkota last week. The new unit is only available on a new motor. All replacement units are the old model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Thanks vic n thanked you for this post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    SPOTLOCK.....I have an iPilot with remote and I'm familiar with the issues around spotlock....drifting off, etc. Is the newer model better? Is the newer model iLink?
    Thanks.
    You don't have to buy the link to get it. But like jig fishery said the new spot lock only comes on the new motors. No buying just the head unit. I have run one with the new spot lock and it works very well compared to mine on my older terrova.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

That kind of chaps my @zz...all it is is an electronic board with built in GPS. Why couldn't they make it backwards compatible?
    Thanks doctorxring thanked you for this post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    That kind of chaps my @zz...all it is is an electronic board with built in GPS. Why couldn't they make it backwards compatible?
    Real simple, then you wouldn't have to buy a new motor.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes vic n, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, not to camp on buy my NEW Ulterra does not do a very good job of spot lock. Minn Kota, to their just due did send me a new control head at the same time my remote went out. Unfortunately, it was the wrong control head. They re-sent the right one but the results are still not what they advertise. When the spot lock does work the spot jog is fantastic. It moves in all directions five feet at a time. The other functions work extremely well just not spot lock. I think I will do more research the next time. My buddies tell me that Motor Guide works great with spot lock. Maybe I can sell my 80 lb. 24 volt system and start over?

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3946474849505152 ... LastLast