HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SPRING CRAPPIE CAMP...SKIATOOK LAKE....APRIL 7-9

Post Thanks / Like

Know I'm getting excited for this coming weekend..been raining here so I've been making baits and wishing I was fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

Put me down as a non-camper. I have family in Skiatook and will stay with them. Might bring along a grandkid or two for Friday evening, giving them a chance to meet some REAL fishermen (and get a shot at a big feed. Warning, one boy loves his nickname Porkchop, and the comment by IkenI about food enough for a week may be in danger). My wife is making some chocolate chip cookies and cornbread. As to the comment asking if there is a Braums in Skiatook, no such luck. I don't have a boat, so I'll probably fish the bank or bum a ride. Have been looking forward to meeting a lot of you for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigskyfisherman View Post
    Put me down as a non-camper. I have family in Skiatook and will stay with them. Might bring along a grandkid or two for Friday evening, giving them a chance to meet some REAL fishermen (and get a shot at a big feed. Warning, one boy loves his nickname Porkchop, and the comment by IkenI about food enough for a week may be in danger). My wife is making some chocolate chip cookies and cornbread. As to the comment asking if there is a Braums in Skiatook, no such luck. I don't have a boat, so I'll probably fish the bank or bum a ride. Have been looking forward to meeting a lot of you for a long time.
    Hey, BSFM, come on by, it'll be great to meet you and your grandkids! New folks are always welcome!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Likes Redge, davebrown42 LIKED above post
    Thanks Bigskyfisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

FINAL UPDATE: 04.03.2017 - 4 Days and Counting
    2017 Oklahoma Spring Crappie Camp / Schedule of Events / April 7 – 9

The Spring Crappie Camp is scheduled for April 7-9 on Lake Skiatook at the Twin Points Campgrounds. Each site has 110v, 30 amp electrical service and shared water connections (suggest bring a duplex water valve). Each site also has a picnic table, grille and a fire ring. There is a restroom and shower facility nearby. Each RV site is allowed one tent camper, at no extra charge, in addition to the RV or first tent. The normal rental rate is $20.00 (verify) per night and there is a 50% reduction for America the Beautiful Passes.

How to reserve a RV space.
    1. Log on to Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov
    2. The rental rate of $20.00 (verify) will be required to hold the reservation.

Friday Evening Hot Dog/Brauts Cookout - Campsite # 47

Saturday Evening Fish Fry - Campsite # 47

Campers:
    1. Hat55 (Kent Perkins) - Campsite #46
    2. leejohnson45 – Campsite #45
    3. Woodworker42 (Merle Parsons)- Campsite #45
    4. davebrown42 – Campsite #47
    5. Babweiner (Jeremiah Babcock) + Eli (son) - Campsite #48
    6. shortdraw ( Lonnie Coker) – Campsite #42
    7. John Whitaker – Campsite #42
    8. Redge (Kirk Weber) - Campsite #43
    9. rdjj71m (Doug Johnston) - Campsite #43
    10. crappie bandit (Loy Morrison) - Campsite #43
    11. 6lb test (t j slater) – Campsite #44
    12. Crappie Jinks ( ) – Campsite #44
    13. TimY - (Saturday)
    14. Saltylobster – Campsite #44
    15. Bigskyfisherman + Grandsons

Minnow Location
    Mister Bass, 4000 W. Rogers, Skiatook, OK (6-7 mi east of Lake) 918.396.3846
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to come out there and camp and fish with you all but I don't have a boat and I might have to pitch a tent on somebody else's tent site, but I Shure would hate to miss out, so I will see you all Friday morning,. Good fishing to all!.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndell View Post
    I would love to come out there and camp and fish with you all but I don't have a boat and I might have to pitch a tent on somebody else's tent site, but I Shure would hate to miss out, so I will see you all Friday morning,. Good fishing to all!.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
    I've got room at campsite 48, come on down.

~J. Babcock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Lyndell LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just so everyone is comfortable with having u s border jumpers in camp we will be having a bona fide okie staying with us also...hes from a little town of inola...
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE ON Skiatook Lake
    Arrived at Twin Points Campgrounds today and looked at each site we have reserved. Several of the sites do not have any level ground to pitch a tent or are two small for travel trailer w/ truck. Merle and I spent most of the afternoon looking at sites that were not reserved and didn’t find very many good sites for tents. We also looked at several of the Campers switching sites and we reserved one new site. Attached is our recommendation for relocating campers. The Camp host said there was no problem with us switching sites. Recommended revised sites (Note some do not change)

davebrown42, Hatt55 - Site # 33

Doug, Loy, Redge – Site # 43 (No change)

6lb Test, CJ – Site 44 (No change)

Babweiner – Site # 46

shortdraw – site #47 (Bringing travel trailer?)

Lee Johnson – Site #48

Salty lobster – we’ll find you a tent space with someone when you get here..

Lyndell - we’ll find you a tent space when you get here.

Contact me with text or voice at 405-226-1332 if you have questions.
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER
    Likes 4lber LIKED above post
    Thanks Bigskyfisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing 5th wheel...is 47 fairly long to hold that it's the same one we had at kaw....thanka for your guys hard work and time scouting and doing this for us...thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I'm good with any switch, so far it's just my son and I with two dogs, we will be sleeping in the bed of the truck so we can take the smallest and rockiest/hilliest campsite as I will have no need to pitch a tent and I have a Tacoma so not much room is required for that. Thanks for getting there early to scout it out. I hope you'll have time to find some fish and also that you don't have to weather any storms.

~J. Babcock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast