HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 297 of 313 FirstFirst ... 197247287294295296297298299300307 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3129

Thread: Oologah Archives

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to let everyone know that WINGANON BAIT AND TACKLE is having their 6th Annual Big Fish monthly and 3 month total weight contest. Go by and register, only $5 per month and $5 for total weight. About $200 added monthly in addition to entry money. NEW THIS YEAR, FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ON OOLOGAH LAKE! Go by and get signed up!

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!
    Likes KCMasterpiece, coyote LIKED above post
    Thanks Crappie ciller thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. Today I fished around 15 brush piles at oolagah from 10 to 25 feet deep. I did catch around 25 fish mostly small but it was still a slow day. My question is where do the crappie go if not on the brush piles. Do you guys find them on Creek channels or do they scatter all over the place. I need some help finding them when they are hard to find. Where should I be looking?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Likes Thunderingjoe, minnowtime LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes they are on the edges of the creek channels or out in open water following big schools of shad. This time of the year I struggle with them moving from the winter pattern to the areas they are going to spawn. Some of the best days I have ever had on Oologah, were following schools of shad on the edges of the river channel in the winter time. No brush around just feeding crappie following shad. I would definitely start looking on the edges of the creeks heading from the main lake to the spawning areas, especially with water temps already above 50. Hope this helps!

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunterodie View Post
    Sometimes they are on the edges of the creek channels or out in open water following big schools of shad. This time of the year I struggle with them moving from the winter pattern to the areas they are going to spawn. Some of the best days I have ever had on Oologah, were following schools of shad on the edges of the river channel in the winter time. No brush around just feeding crappie following shad. I would definitely start looking on the edges of the creeks heading from the main lake to the spawning areas, especially with water temps already above 50. Hope this helps!

Odie
    Thank you Odie. I will try that. I appreciate the help!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

this has been one of the best years i have had on Oolagah. if your graph shows the fish are in the brush, figure them out. I went through this the last couple weeks. I always use plastics of some sort. nothing. I switched back to my tiny hair jigs and it was on. I have been hitting huge numbers of fish with almost each trip. MANY small ones, but also more than you want to clean of nice ones. I am fishing brush in 20-25fow fishing 17'.

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday on Oologah fishing Blue Creek in 20 fow around 12' with chartreuse spoons and nibs.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to get out on the lake today. Only caught 24, with three just over a pound (biggest was 1.22 lbs). Caught most on minnows, but the biggest was caught on a micro slab slayer. Name:  IMG_0340.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  43.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Was Ciller your photographer?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry
    Likes Bigskyfisherman, deerhunterodie, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, Reaper. Crappie Wrangler might have been the photographer. I've had a couple turn sideways, but I'm sure that was the the PC's problem, not mine. Smiley face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Was Ciller your photographer?
    He should have been! It's my new phone. I don't know why it uploaded sideways.
    Likes Crappie Reaper LIKED above post