Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Went with Suzuki on my latest ride and love it.
    You ended all of your troubles when you did that. Unless you do like Wannabe and run it without oil. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

If you set it up for long periods of time (which I know you won't) with untreated ethanol in it, you WILL need a high pressure fuel pump in 8-12 years, but all brands of engines are that way. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

I've sold over 500 Suzuki engines since I've been in business and NEVER had a mechanical warranty claim. The only warranty issue I've ever seen was with our Yankee buddy Wilbur. That was an EPA caused a issue. They had a new mapping programmed computer which the EPA forced them to change in mid season and Suzuki had mistakenly installed an older version map sensor in it. It was during an EPA forced transition period. They swapped sensors under warranty and problem solved. It was a pain in Bill's rear getting that figured out tho. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 01-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Iuka-Pickwick Lake-Tishomingo County Mississippi
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks to all for your input, greatly appreciated. Bill the motor most likely will be in the 2000's but not new or close, not any 90 models he says
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If its an Etec don't walk away, RUN VERY FAST!!!!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes BigRiverMarine, Crappie Stalker LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    You ended all of your troubles when you did that. Unless you do like Wannabe and run it without oil. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

If you set it up for long periods of time (which I know you won't) with untreated ethanol in it, you WILL need a high pressure fuel pump in 8-12 years, but all brands of engines are that way. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

I've sold over 500 Suzuki engines since I've been in business and NEVER had a mechanical warranty claim. The only warranty issue I've ever seen was with our Yankee buddy Wilbur. That was an EPA caused a issue. They had a new mapping programmed computer which the EPA forced them to change in mid season and Suzuki had mistakenly installed an older version map sensor in it. It was during an EPA forced transition period. They swapped sensors under warranty and problem solved. It was a pain in Bill's rear getting that figured out tho. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend
    Bill there is not a trip that goes by that I don't have one or more folks ask about my Suzuki and why I chose it over others. You know me-- that can start a 20 minutes conversation. I am seeing lots more Suzukis up here on fishing boats and tons of new tri-toons with them.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes blueball, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy what you can service or get serviced . My mechanic only wants to work on Yamaha, tohatsu and Mercury . I was told if I bought johnson or evinrude (etec) to go somewhere else . He has nothing to worry about .

Post Thanks / Like

Bill there is not a trip that goes by that I don't have one or more folks ask about my Suzuki and why I chose it over others. You know me-- that can start a 20 minutes conversation. I am seeing lots more Suzukis up here on fishing boats and tons of new tri-toons with them.
    I run what my boat manufactures package with but if they package with Suzuki that's what I recommend. In my honest opinion, Suzuki is "The Best" engine in the market. They just don't break. They cost less because they don't advertise as much as the bigger engine companies do. Faster, Much quieter, oil bathed time chain instead of a belt, 6 yr warranty that you Won't Use, more fuel efficient with their Lean Burn technology, more displacement on most models, lighter on most models, etc. You just can't beat em for ANY price.

Post Thanks / Like

I run what my boat manufactures package with but if they package with Suzuki that's what I recommend. In my honest opinion, Suzuki is "The Best" engine in the market. They just don't break. They cost less because they don't advertise as much as the bigger engine companies do. Faster, Much quieter, oil bathed time chain instead of a belt, 6 yr warranty that you Won't Use, more fuel efficient with their Lean Burn technology, more displacement on most models, lighter on most models, etc. You just can't beat em for ANY price.
    I'll bet you $100 your wrong. I'll bring my boat to you and you install a 250 SS on it and I'll guaranty you I'll have at least 1 warranty claim in 6 years. If not, I'll publicly admit it and you can keep the $100.

Wannabe...

Shhhh....y'all keep quiet or he will catch on.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Likes Redge, BigRiverMarine, maachuu, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    I'll bet you $100 your wrong. I'll bring my boat to you and you install a 250 SS on it and I'll guaranty you I'll have at least 1 warranty claim in 6 years. If not, I'll publicly admit it and you can keep the $100.

Wannabe...

Shhhh....y'all keep quiet or he will catch on.
    To be a warranty claim, you must use oil in it. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

That Suzuki DF250SS is a baaaad cat!!!
    Likes maachuu, strmwalker, ShilohRed LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

To be a warranty claim, you must use oil in it. Help with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friendHelp with info on Evinrude motors, good, bad, or any info you can share for my friend

That Suzuki DF250SS is a baaaad cat!!!
    I didn't see anything about any $$ changing hands. I would take a deal like that any day.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes BigRiverMarine, ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see anything about any $$ changing hands. I would take a deal like that any day.
    Me 2!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast