HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lake wister archives

Post Thanks / Like

I understand. If someone who has fished it recently could just tell me whether jigs or minnows have been working best lately, that's all I want to know. I'd love to not waste my money on minnows if they aren't needed. I'm pre-fishing it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished saturday and sunday caught fish on brush piles 6 to 7 ft deep on white jigs and minnows lot of small fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wisterboy!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you hear those crickets too?
    Likes Redge, cpd21 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

chirp, chirp
    Likes KCMasterpiece, cpd21, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    chirp, chirp
    Fished on Saturday for half a day. I'm not going to be fishing the tournament so I might as well go ahead and spill the beans. My top four fish were over two pounds.2.05 to 2.30. I fished Timmy Tom wsd quarter ounce jigs with Franks Plastics mo magic Style on the bottom with a minnow 12 inches above that. ( I like that rig because I don't have to choose between fishing a jig and minnow, I can do both at the same time). Three of the two plus Pound Fish came off of The Jig. The biggest tho was off the minnow at the very end of the day. I didn't catch a lot of fish but I got good fish. I did not bother fishing piles, I only fished stumps. Most of the time I could only catch one fish off a stump. Some areas had fish, some areas did not. If you can scout, do it! Could not usually see them on the finder, they were buried in the roots. If they were there they hit hard on the jig. They did not always hit hard on the minnow. By far the best depth was 12 feet. Jig set at 10 foot. There were smaller fish shallow but all the big ones I caught were 10 to 12. Good luck to everybody!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Fishers. Thank you!!!
    Likes deerhunterodie, KCMasterpiece LIKED above post

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wowzers 4 over 2 lbs!!! I hope Saturday is like this.
    Likes deerhunterodie, IkenI, KCMasterpiece LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fishers.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    Fished on Saturday for half a day. I'm not going to be fishing the tournament so I might as well go ahead and spill the beans. My top four fish were over two pounds.2.05 to 2.30. I fished Timmy Tom wsd quarter ounce jigs with Franks Plastics mo magic Style on the bottom with a minnow 12 inches above that. ( I like that rig because I don't have to choose between fishing a jig and minnow, I can do both at the same time). Three of the two plus Pound Fish came off of The Jig. The biggest tho was off the minnow at the very end of the day. I didn't catch a lot of fish but I got good fish. I did not bother fishing piles, I only fished stumps. Most of the time I could only catch one fish off a stump. Some areas had fish, some areas did not. If you can scout, do it! Could not usually see them on the finder, they were buried in the roots. If they were there they hit hard on the jig. They did not always hit hard on the minnow. By far the best depth was 12 feet. Jig set at 10 foot. There were smaller fish shallow but all the big ones I caught were 10 to 12. Good luck to everybody!

Name:  20160917_141140.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  32.4 KBName:  20160917_144832.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  27.8 KBName:  20160917_154134.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  38.2 KBName:  20160917_191107.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  25.3 KBName:  20160917_191934.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  27.6 KB