Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Encounters on the water

Post Thanks / Like

all snakes can submerge if they want to .....that rattler puffed up intentionally for some reason ...maybe to stay on top or maybe to warn/ward off the photographer .
    nice photos yawl ....sure wish i could a seen that baby turkey ...i bet that was a very cool experience ....
    i always like to see the ospreys dive on fish myself ....pretty cool dive bombers for sure . one thing for certain if you spend lots of time on the water you will be entertained by the wildlife at some point for sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen one mink, two wildcats and lots of bald eagles while fishing Lake Cumberland.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Had 2 alligators try to eat my bait today. Fishing a ribbet. One other one splashed my SIL when the gator swirled next to the boat. We had not seen him until then All were small 4 footers.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched a woodpecker attack my brother-in-law on Millwood Lake in Arkansas. BIL bumped the boat into a snag where the woodpecker was nesting. Next thing he knew the bird was pecking the thunder out of his forehead! Two out of three people in the boat thought it was funny.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Found a dove struggling in the middle of the lake last year during dove season that had been shot. He settled on my son's shoulder for about 2 hours resting up then flew over to the bank and walked into the brush.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes RMGeorge, "D", Eagle 1, skeetbum, "G", Ferdi LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to rescue two guys on Enid once . A swarm of bees landed on his boat and took over . They left the boat swimming ! They were from senatobia, ms.I was on boat patrol during the summers while living in water Valley .

Post Thanks / Like

This spring I was riding on the front deck of my dads boat, down one of the ditches on Reelfoot lake, running about 30 with my feet hanging off the front. I saw something swimming across this ditch that's just wide enough for 2 boats. Thinking it was a muskrat or beaver, I figured it would just go under. Nope....raccoon, and I swear it turned and made eye contact with me right before that 16' Lowe slammed him. Last I saw he was swimming in circles trying to figure out which bank was closer.
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "D" View Post
    Had 2 alligators try to eat my bait today. Fishing a ribbet. One other one splashed my SIL when the gator swirled next to the boat. We had not seen him until then All were small 4 footers.

Do crappie hit ribbits????

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Was sitting on my dock a couple years ago watching a young bald eagle practicing his diving technique on a bunch of coots. He would get above them and dive on them but he never tried to get one. He did this about 10 times and then flew off.

Post Thanks / Like

This past winter a friend and me watched a couple of eagles gathering branches for a nest. The first had a branch with leaves that was so big it was struggling to fly, the second one swooped down and broke a dead limb out of tree that was probably 3/4" in diameter like it was nothing. We have seen lots of eagles but that was a first for us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast