HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake wister archives

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_jiggin View Post
    Well headed south this morning to try Wister out. It didn't go to well. Little storm ran us off the lake about 9 this morning. Loaded the boat and waited it out. Back on the water around 10, then we had to deal with a strong south wind until about 2 this afternoon then it went dead calm. Only managed 6 good fish off of 2 piles in 7-8 fow. Never could find any cover except for the 2. I am just about to give up on this Lowrance. I'm having a hard time finding anything with it. Thanks to EB for the call and trying to help us out, but we just couldn't find anything where he directed us to.

I guess I'll just sneak into Fishers or Wister Slab Daddy's boat one of these days. Either that or someone who knows how to use a Lowrance give me a good class on it.

Sorry no pictures, don't have one of those fancy phones and can't post on here with it. Forgot to take the small digital camera with me. All fish returned to water.
    Fishers and WSD know their electronics for sure. Another Option for learning Lowrance is Dr. Sonar. Google Dr. Sonar. He has detailed DVDs on using Lowrance and Hummingbird. Ernest Paty in The Lake Lewisville Texas area, was a guide for many years. He has a DVD as well, and offers 1 day on the water one on one class. It is excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_jiggin View Post
    Well headed south this morning to try Wister out. It didn't go to well. Little storm ran us off the lake about 9 this morning. Loaded the boat and waited it out. Back on the water around 10, then we had to deal with a strong south wind until about 2 this afternoon then it went dead calm. Only managed 6 good fish off of 2 piles in 7-8 fow. Never could find any cover except for the 2. I am just about to give up on this Lowrance. I'm having a hard time finding anything with it. Thanks to EB for the call and trying to help us out, but we just couldn't find anything where he directed us to.

I guess I'll just sneak into Fishers or Wister Slab Daddy's boat one of these days. Either that or someone who knows how to use a Lowrance give me a good class on it.

Sorry no pictures, don't have one of those fancy phones and can't post on here with it. Forgot to take the small digital camera with me. All fish returned to water.
    Which unit do you have jiggin? I run a Lowrance HDS Gen 2 10 inch on my console and a little 5 inch huminbird on the trolling motor. Both have side imaging. Its not a fair comparison due to the Lowrance being a newer unit, larger screen and higher wattage, but it is far superior to the HB that I have. The only advantage I see that HB has over lowrance is the angle the SI scans at is more "straight out". Whereas the Lowrance has a slight tilt down to its scan angle. The Lowrance cant see very far out the shallower you go. In 6 feet of water I can see to the limit of the HB scanning capabilities but in the Lowrance its like 25 feet or something. You should not have any trouble seeing the stumps out there with any SI unit though. You may have an issue with your unit or transducer mounting location. "Stump awareness" is critical on Sardis and Wister. I have been eyeballing that HB 360 for a while. At the moment I swing that little SI HB unit back and forth with my trolling motor foot and am able to discern direction and distance to stump, but it sure would be nice to have that complete situational awareness.
    Likes Frank300, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got to take my brother "Big Cork" and his father in law Johnny today. On our way down I shot WSD text and ask him if it had been any good, he replied with a picture holding several big crappie from
    Last weekend. He said get in the cedar brush. So we launched at 8:30 loaded up at 3:15. Fished one pole one jig in the thick brush. Ended up with 40 keepers with best 7 weighing 12.37 biggest was 2.07 on Todd Huckabee pro series rods, with Timmy Tom 1/8 weedless Jigheads. Best color was red chart. EB
    Likes Starfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You guys amaze and impress me, I fished sunken cedars last weekend caught a few but couldn't keep small fish of my hook. Any advice on what I should do different? The cedar I fished was dropped in by the corps.

Post Thanks / Like

Where and when is regestration for the fort gibson tournament June 11

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Wister Tues and Sat. Tried minnows to start on Tues, caught a ridiculous amount of small fish. I quickly abandoned them for weedless TT 1/8 jigs and Franks plastics- Mo Magic style. Saturday didnt bother with minnows, didnt need to. Jig color didnt matter either day. Water Tues was 18-24" Vis and 78 degrees. Saterday it was 24"+ Vis and 81. Fished 4 to 12' deep in 8 to 12' feet of water on stumps. Limit both days, Lots of big fish both days. Top seven fish would have been between 13 and 14 Lbs on Sat. with biggest fish at 2.11 lbs. Pics a mix from both days. Tues 13 Lbs of fillets, Sat 14 Lbs of fillets. Did some cast and drag so that I could stay back away from the stumps and I have to say I really enjoyed it for the first time. Name:  20160521_100159.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  31.3 KBName:  20160521_100233.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  30.4 KBName:  20160531_163558.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  56.0 KBName:  20160531_203733.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  19.3 KBName:  20160604_182011.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  52.5 KBName:  20160604_182355.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  32.1 KBName:  20160604_182558.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  55.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! Chris, that is crazy awesome! Good catch(es)!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Fishers.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast