HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

Thread: Recipes and Cooking/Smokeing/Grilling etc.

Post Thanks / Like

From Ree Drummond on Food Network, very good
    Ingredients

1 pound breakfast sausage, hot or mild
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    3 to 4 cups whole milk, more to taste
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
    Biscuits, warmed, for serving
    ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LIST
    From our sponsor
    Fast. Easy. Delicious. Made in 30 minutes or less
    Learn More

Directions

Watch how to make this recipe.
    With your finger, tear small pieces of sausage and add them in a single layer to a large heavy skillet. Brown the sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Sprinkle on half the flour and stir so that the sausage soaks it all up, then add more little by little. Stir it around and cook it for another minute or so, then pour in the milk, stirring constantly.

Cook the gravy, stirring frequently, until it thickens. (This may take a good 10 to 12 minutes.) Sprinkle in the seasoned salt and pepper and continue cooking until very thick and luscious. If it gets too thick too soon, just splash in another 1/2 cup of milk or more if needed. Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    From Ree Drummond on Food Network, very good
    Ingredients

1 pound breakfast sausage, hot or mild
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    3 to 4 cups whole milk, more to taste
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
    Biscuits, warmed, for serving
    ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LIST
    From our sponsor
    Fast. Easy. Delicious. Made in 30 minutes or less
    Learn More

Directions

Watch how to make this recipe.
    With your finger, tear small pieces of sausage and add them in a single layer to a large heavy skillet. Brown the sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Sprinkle on half the flour and stir so that the sausage soaks it all up, then add more little by little. Stir it around and cook it for another minute or so, then pour in the milk, stirring constantly.

Cook the gravy, stirring frequently, until it thickens. (This may take a good 10 to 12 minutes.) Sprinkle in the seasoned salt and pepper and continue cooking until very thick and luscious. If it gets too thick too soon, just splash in another 1/2 cup of milk or more if needed. Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Thats pretty much how I make mine. I keep whisking my gravy throughout the whole thickening process to make it lighter and airy. I let everyone add their own salt and pepper to their own because some can't have salt in their diets and others like less pepper. Yes, it has to be whole milk too and not that watered down stuff they call milk.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Ok..I have a couple of medium sized deer front shoulders..what is your favorite way to cook them?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnightShadow10 View Post
    Ok..I have a couple of medium sized deer front shoulders..what is your favorite way to cook them?
    Low and slow on MasterBuilt electric smoker........ Put apple juice and water 50/50 in the water pan.....wrap shoulder with bacon......smoke with cherry wood chips at 225 for four hrs. then remove bacon and mop down with melted butter and brown sugar....wrap tight with tin foil and put back in at 225 for two hrs. then remove foil and sprinkle good with Tony Catchers creole seasoning and cook unwrapped for one more hr.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes satdoc1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that sounds good

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about baby-back ribs on the masterbuilt

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnightShadow10 View Post
    Tell me about baby-back ribs on the masterbuilt
    Baby back ribs....3-2-1 method on master built
    Ribs 3....2....1 method
    Use Cherry wood or Pecan wood chips and put Sprite in the water pan.
    Remove membrane from ribs....
    Set smoker at 225....put rub ( Bad Byrons Butt Rub....can get at PIggly Wiggly) on the ribs....cook uncovered for 3 hrs. at end of three hours brush down with mixture of melted butter and brown sugar....wrap tight in foil....put back in and cook for two more hours.....at the end of that 2 hrs. remove wrap and brush down with bbq sauce....put back in for another hr.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Apple wood works great as well. I put Apple juice and beer in my water pan. Just a preference
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Free Roster....neighbor thinned them out today..skinned it..I want to try it on my masterbuilt...How would you cook it?

Post Thanks / Like

Cook on masterbuilt just like any other chicken......Cook on low temp 220 until you reach a core or internal temp of 170 .......Season with your favorite seasoning rub and use your favorite wood chips....sprite or 7 up in water pan.
    Last edited by "G"; 05-24-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast