Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Crappie.com year

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Crappie.com year

Guys and gals, most of you see my posts on here. Thanks to the year I've enjoyed as a member of C.c, I have have been able to meet a lot of you. I attended 5 C.c events and I am shooting for at least 4 next year. The events I've made have been, Toledo Bend in Feb., Reelfoot in May, Enid in Oct., Talquin in Oct. and D'arbonne in Nov. I had the pleasure of my best friend being with me at 4 of the events(my wife Mae) and partnered with a guy who I met through C.c at the other. He has become a great fishing pal and friend.(Bruce, Prefers Shiners). Each event was unique and I carried the same attitude to each of them. I can fish anytime, I can only attend each event once a year or less. So I made it more about meeting people and sharing good meals and fellowship. I recommend treating events this way. No pressure of catching fish and more time to visit. I did get in enough fishing for people to teach me some new styles and methods.Even bought a few items from some of the member sponsors for my boat. Sorry, I did not offer much back, my catch rate was really down this year. Also this year I became a moderator on Crappie.com and that has been a blessing for a retired guy with time on his hands. The time I spend on here would seem like to much for a lot of people, but where else are you going to find such a "nice friendly" forum to hang out on. I have had the special pleasure of seeing a raffle idea take off, getting to meet and befriend a number of members, eat some of Vonna and Paul's food, visit with Billbob and spend time with "G". Heck, I was inspired so much, I shortened my old C.c handle from dpisani to "D". I was honored to be accepted by all the groups as one of their own. One of the things that makes C.c so special is we are all one united, for good times and clean fun. Also spent some time with Ed Moes (Slab) my best "boss" I ever had and a fine gentleman. Looking forward to spending more days with him and meeting his Wifey in Florida. I hope you enjoy the "report" contest's I have been conducting on the different state forums. I want to thank all of you who have been supportive of me on those. There have been some great reports and lots of information shared in the spirit of good sportsmanship. I will visit all the active forums,,then I will make another round. As long as the great sponsors give us the prizes, I will be glad to give them out. In fact I'm finishing 4 contests soon and will start 4 more right behind them. I will give y'all a break in January and start back up in February. And I want to give a heart felt thank you to everyone who prayed for my brother, he is doing well and will have his final surgery soon. Anyway, if I can help you, I'm only a pm away. Thanks and God bless, "D"
    Last edited by "D"; 11-27-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Danny you and Mae are a class act and I am proud to call you friend
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Johnboy View Post
    Danny you and Mae are a class act and I am proud to call you friend
    Same here....but I like Mae better lol.....J/k Danny, you are alright for a gewber. I really do appreciate your help around here and glad your enjoying it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tn Johnboy, "D", RetiredRR LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i like MAE better also

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes Tn Johnboy, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the G-3 hat you gave me on your visit to Talquin . Best wishes and hope to see you again. Thanks.
    Likes "D", "G" LIKED above post

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have been blessed to have had a good year. Had to be lots of fun at the c.com events. Hope to make a few myself someday.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It was a pleasure meeting you and Mae at Talquin as well. Well Mae anyway! Yall ever have a chance to wander to central Florida make sure ya holler at me. We got some class A campgrounds round here.
    Likes "G", "D", RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Billbob and "G", thanks. I'll take that as a compliment for Mae. To be clear, I like her better than I like y'all gewber's also.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes RetiredRR, "G", Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you get to some kycreek . Huntingslabs, will you take me fishing if I make it down there. Hard to pull the boat and 5th wheel. Actually will try Talquin again this year and may wander your way after.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast