Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sardis Lake report

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Floyd when you come to Sardis give me a call so I can come take a lesson. I'm 30miles away.
    Quote Originally Posted by IkenI View Post
    Used to think the same way but then her insurance policy is worth more than mine and my grandpa lived to 95. I'm just kidding too. We've been together 55 years and married 52. Can't imagine not having her.

That's what I've always done but this summer it wasn't easy with my arthritis. I think it would be much harder with a ton of waterlogged clothes in the winter. So, I feel good about the ladder.

BTW, Merle and I are talking about a 2-3 day trip to Sardis sometime in April. Maybe you could make it down to give us the lowdown on how you find the fish. I've fished it lots a few years ago but almost always for bass.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Will do! Maybe we could get Fishers to have a "Sardis class."
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I flattered Iken, but I dont have that lake figured out by any means. I like that lake because of its light fishing pressure and great scenery. I have yet to fish it thru a complete season to see how the fish move around and bite at different times. I am looking forward to fishing it in the spawn next spring for the first time. If I am on em when you guys go, I would be happy to help you guys with spots and patterns.
    Likes IkenI, Frank300, Hat55 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone on sardis last few days??

Call me 580-212-0285
    Need report
    Not fishing report.
    Something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sardis yesterday from 8am-1pm had to leave early due to a dead battery. Maybe the best fishing I have had on that lake. Kept 25 fish. As usual for Sardis, all sizes well represented. I think with crappie that is a sign of a healthy fishery. The fish were in the second place I checked. 9'-12' deep on stumps with big root bases along a channel edge. Those who fish Wister know the type of stump I am talking about. I motored along the channel edge and dropped buoys on the stumps. I fished my markers from one end to the other, then would turn around and do it again, each time thru catching a bunch of fish. Water was 88 -90, thermocline at 12', vis was 24", baits were 3 inch franks Mo Magic allens smoke and 3 inch BG storm warning. Name:  20150808_145643.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  44.8 KBName:  20150808_145856.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  55.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Did the battery on your digital scales go dead too Fishers? (-;
    Likes Redge, fishn_a_ledge LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie ciller View Post
    That's funny right there!! LOL
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Usually Fishers is good to fill us in on the statistics of his big fish so it's a fair question and the reason we named our 8th grandson, Fisher after him. Following this line of reasoning you can see why there may never be a TC among my grandkids even tho at 11 grandsons we are running short on ideas for the next one. I have already promoted Ranger as a cool name so stay tuned. The last two are Sutton (Coach) and Oak but I digress. I'll post a picture of Fisher as soon as he can hold a rod.
    Likes Redge, fishn_a_ledge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie ciller View Post
    Ha, good call. Yes they are dead too... I didn't get any super big fish Sat., but 20 of those fish were easily from 1 to 1.75 lbs.. It became apparent early that it was going to be a good day and I stopped keeping smaller fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sardis again. Water temp was down to 80-85, Vis 12", thermocline at 12'. Limited out on good fish. No really big fish but all the ones I kept were quality fish again. Fish were in every place I looked and bit anything and everything I threw at them. I went to a bigger bait to eliminate the smaller fish and it sure stimulated the bigger fish. After fishing some piles and picking all the fish out I could, I switched to it and got the 5 or 6 biggest of the day. I wish I would have tried it sooner! Its the blue thing in the pic. Its some bass bait made by yum. Name:  20150829_165310.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  41.0 KBName:  20150829_180157.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  40.4 KB

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast