Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new to Patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to Patoka

I plan to fished Lake Patoka next week and have never been on the lake. Does anyone have any general hints on best places to fish and type of cover that is currently active? Any suggested boat ramps for easy access. Is trolling crank baits this time of the year effective?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't give you a current fishing report, but I can offer you this advice. If you have never been on the lake before, really watch your buoys for the speed limits. The lake is full of stickups and up river from Walls ramp has a lot of sandbars. Even very experienced Patoka navigators have been knocked out of their rigs and done major damage due to stumps and stickups. Walls, Painter Creek, and Osborne are my favorite ramps.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Moveon LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake is up 4ft. Above summer pool.
    Likes Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I went out this past weekend with brother in law, we fished in the walls area. Water was up like cevans said but it was clearer than I thought it would be after all the rain. We used
    white/chartreuse road runners and chartreuse grubs with orange heads and caught quite a few fishing around 15 ft. plenty of stumps to fish between walls and kings bridge.
    Likes Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Any keepers?

Post Thanks / Like

walls and go up creek from boat ramp..left lol.concentrate on channel bends with timber and dont get frustrated with the dinks cuz all of a sudden u get a hawg..cranks work in the summer for sure wants it gets into full summer pattern..good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Its one of my fav. spots to crank bandits, bouncing them off the timber all the way up. Lightning permitting, will check it out tomorrow morning. Don't mind getting wet. Last couple of years, never lost a bandit if you set the drag alittle light and backtrack, you pull them right off the timber if they hook up. If they hit the cranks light,,,will switch the rods out and long line RR's and jigs and try them. Thx for the reports.