Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota i Pilot questions and answers

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Really need to consider installing one of these right here.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Minn-...0034335&rid=20
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Only other thing on the battery with the trolling motor is the bilge pump, which had not come on (I don't think the entire outing that eve), but I can switch that over. And i will see about getting a circuit breaker. So is the group 31 or dual 27 in reference to the circuit breaker model? Mine is not plugged in while charger for the record - and I have only had it a bit, but have an onboard charger. Also have charged those batteries with just a regular charger too. Does that make a difference?

Post Thanks / Like

12v motors draw a lot more amperage than 24v/36v models.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcornish View Post
    Only other thing on the battery with the trolling motor is the bilge pump, which had not come on (I don't think the entire outing that eve), but I can switch that over. And i will see about getting a circuit breaker. So is the group 31 or dual 27 in reference to the circuit breaker model? Mine is not plugged in while charger for the record - and I have only had it a bit, but have an onboard charger. Also have charged those batteries with just a regular charger too. Does that make a difference?
    Would not make any difference having bilge hooked to it but for pure safety reasons would hook it to cranking battery. Remember you are discharging those batteries all day and might not have enough juice at the end of day if a emergency came up and needed the pump. 27 and 31 are group numbers to denote size of battery. Larger number = more and larger plates inside the battery so group 31 is larger, made with bigger plates and has more reserve capacity and can withstand more discharges and charges. I run 2 group 27's for more capacity than a single 31 would give me and because of the room I have. AMP rating is what you are concerned with on your circuit breaker.those circuit breakers are designed to carry more amperage than a fuse will. Fuse may not blow but it will not carry as much load as the breaker because of size of the contact points. Onboard or portable chargers either one will work. Just need to make sure they are taking them to full charge. All our modern electronics are super sensitive to low voltage and your control system on trolling motor is all electronic. Motor may run fine on lower voltage but when that voltage starts to drop off ( running at high speed for extended period) the control side can do some strange things.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes rcornish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks... I think that is the problem I have right there. Small battery. I have two that I had run my old (much smaller) trolling motor on, one of which was just a battery I had picked up for cheap a LONG time back and was definitely on the small side. At some point I had switched over to that one last fall and just had not switch back over to the bigger battery even with swapping the motors. I see your point about the contacts with the fuse vs the breaker and will go ahead and change that out as well to just make sure. Thanks for the information share, I have found it valuable!

Post Thanks / Like

OK I guess I'm the dummy. I just got an Ulterra with I pilot Link, hooked it up to my Hunnibird 999i hd si. But the fish finder won't recognize the I pilot..
    I followed the directions on the I pilot link set up but the pilot navigation screen doesn't come up.
    I've tried with the pilot on and off, remote on/off, foot control hooked up and not
    any Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

What software versions are your 999, ipilot link, and remote. Plus, is the trolling motor connected via Ethernet to your 999?

Post Thanks / Like

OK I got updated and now it is connected to the I pilot, Thanks for you help.
    Next question is where to find updates for the I pilot?
    I didn't find them on the HB site
    Again thanks for the help,
    Grady

Post Thanks / Like

You have to add your unit via serial number also on the hb site. Pretty sure on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Apologize in advance if this has already been answered but there is one thing I have noticed lately with my Terrova i-pilot that drives me crazy and just doesn't seem like it should be doing this. When I have "cruise control" set and then use the auto pilot feature the motor immediately starts going at a faster rate for a few seconds. For instance if I am traveling along at 0.4 mph and hit the auto pilot button it increases the motor speed quite a bit. It may increase to say, 0.8 or more and then will eventually go back down to the desired speed. Although it typically gets back down to the proper speed within 10 seconds or so, it's just a bit annoying that it is doing this. I have only had the motor for a few months and I really don't remember it doing this in the beginning. I always have a full charge on the battery before I head out and never had an issue with it running low. Anyone else experiencing this with theirs?

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast