HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Where and how did you get your screen name?

Post Thanks / Like

Febuary 12, 2000 I was ordained a Permanent Deacon for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette. I tried all kinds of other names but they were all taken. Tried deacon and it worked.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

I am and always have been a die hard hunter, especially ducks. When I was in college I once tracked a wounded woodduck about 100 yards and finally got him. My buddy I was with me was astounded and still asks me if I've seen any bleeding ducks everytime I see him.
    Likes prefers shiners, "D", shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been Kdog since HS where the nick started. Kind of a spin off from Horndog and If you dont understand that one do some research!
    Likes "D", shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Because we bleed purple and gold around my place.
    Hard work always pays off!
    Likes shadow, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

back in the early 2000's 01/02 I lived in a RV on lake Tawakoni just east of Dallas. I bought one of them 10ft fiberglass extension pole's You know the one's that had 3 stage w/1 eyelet on the very end of the rod.any way working 10 hour a day and living and hour from work,i only got to fish on the weekends. One sat. morning i was up at the crack of dawn with my new $6.00 pole 4ft of 20# braided line tied to the one eyelet and my fav. white/chartreuse tube jig.Out the door i went the RV park was in a cove and it was only about a 50 ft. walk down to the water. There was A rock pile and a drop off & a fishing dock that went out about 30 ft. There were two guys fishing a little brush pile that i first walked up to & said good morning y'all doing any good? Naaaa one of thew guys said, how about you, I told him I was just getting started,he wished me good luck and I said thanks, y'all too.I stood there watching his bober being moved and dunked for a split sec. I said Your getting a bite, he said it's been doing that for the past 1/2hr. that fish had alredy ate 3 minnow's & I'm about to move. I ask would ya mined if i dropped my jig down and see what happin's & they said go ahead so I pulled the 3pcs rod out and dropped the jig right next to his bobber. I let the jig drop all the way to the bottom and let it set there for about a min.then slowly took the slack out of the line and WAM pulled up a slab 15inch & the one ole boy just shook his head. I pulled the jig out of his mouth and handed him the fish. You aint keepin any? Naa I said i just like to catchem. i turn to walk down the waters edge & the other ole boy said bit Ya cant do that again.....I stop and slowly turn back toward the two and not saying a thing reached that 10ft pole over the other bober same thing dropped to the bottom wait a min and WAM as soon as i pick the jig up off the bottom. the other ole boy said well i'll be a S.O.B. shaking his head. what's you name he ask....Dan dan Proctor like proctor and gamble no "relation" i said. The othe guy said well Crappiedan Thank you for the Fish as I walk away And it stuck from that point all the guy's in the RV Park started calling me CrappieDan.......& that's my story & I'm stickin to it.....LOL....Y'all have a Crappie day Y'all here

Post Thanks / Like

Duck hunting addict for the first half of my name. The second half addresses the other hunting I do at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a custom built plate boat....popular in Central Illinois or Midwest. Sheets of aluminum making them called plate boats popular for fishing, commercial fishing and duck hunting. Can be build to whatever length. The commercial fisherman are now running 30 to 35 footers for asian carp on the Illinois River!
    Likes "D", shadow LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, plateboater, I saw your boat pix on the Kentucky area. If you could also post them to out Louisiana area and the main fishing thread. There is a sticky for that on both of those threads at the top. It is unusual to our area, but looks a lot like a commercial fishing boat.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Will do dpisani.....glad you liked it. Built like a tank and will last a beyond my life time. Build to your needs for less than other boats.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i am a computer drafter and well my name is Colby, well a few of the people that i work with call me the Cad Ninja "Cobayashi" for short working with Cad software for about 10 years day in and day out i learned quite a few tricks that are job oriented. occasionally i wear an all black hood when it is cold out and my buddies call me the redfish ninja joking around, just kind of stuck.
    Likes fishervet, "D", shadow LIKED above post

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast