HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where and how did you get your screen name?

Post Thanks / Like

Mo'nBack came from my late grandpa. When I was around 12 and he was teaching me to drive, he would get me to back the boat down the ramp. He would stand where I could see him in the mirror and holler "Mo'nback--Mo'nback--Mo'nback" while waving his arm in a big circle. Everytime; I would look into the passenger mirror and the boat would be off the ramp and going out thru the woods. He never told me to go right or left, just Mo'nback.

He was the greatest and best friend I've ever had!!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

While out in the yard doing some cleaning up to get ready for a metal car/boat port I will be getting soon, I got to thinking about Dwayne's post. The part about informing Angie about his screen name and not telling anyone that Shadow was dead.

At our 45th class reunion I had such an incident. The music was blaring, people were dancing and everyone was shouting to be heard. As I walked across the floor to the free bar, I ran into a cousin of mine who also was a friend of Linda's since childhood. We said hi best we could about the noise. He looked around and not seeing Linda, asked where she was. I held up my hand point up with my index finger and motioned upward with it. A look of horror, shock, and surprise overcame him. I finally realized that he thought I meant that she was in heaven. I smiled and said no, no, no. She hasn't made it that far yet, she up on the balcony. Every time we meet he has to tell that story again.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stories guys. Not sure how I came up with mine. lol Danny Pisani I used to be called Vito and my brother was Guido. But we quit using that when the Soprano's show ended.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes fishervet, shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I always pick at myself on all forums I'm on. It used to seem that when I went fishing I would hear they would be biting the day before . I would say I must buy my fish if I will eat , so that's where I came up with my name
    The fish were bitting yesterday, The fish will bite tomorrow,,, today I must buy my fish
    Likes fishervet, prefers shiners, shadow, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was a chef for 25 years. I no longer cook professionally. Saute means to cook at high heat with the food jumping. 86 is a cooking term that means you are out of a dish or ingredient. Chefs tell the wait staff to 86 a menu item. So saute86 means out of cooking.
    Likes 20watt, prefers shiners, "D", shadow, RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

laperchjerker no explanation needed here. Lol
    Likes "D", shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My name's Terry and friends just seem to naturally refer to me sometimes as T-bone or just "T."
    Likes "D", Tracker123, shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Back in college I was trying to scrape by, but still liked to have a good time. I found myself drinking almost every night. To survive and make class every morning, I would eat a whole sleeve of saltine crackers before heading to a party or the bar. My roommates started calling me Saltine, and it stuck. A lot of people assume a different reasoning behind the name.
    Likes Tracker123, shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here's the story for me. As a young kid about the age of 12 I took an interest in getting a few chickens. So I was told of a guy that had some not far from my home. I went to see him and try to get a couple. I wound up cutting his grass for a few birds and started to hang out at his house a lot. Well he got tired of me so he would send me to the store just a mile or so away to get rid of me for a while. However I was in peak physical condition and I could really get my 10 speed bicycle rolling. I made the trip so fast he began calling me superfly, and it stuck. I am 43 now and to this day everyone that knows me from that circle of friends still call by that name. I sure miss him now. RIP Alfred Greathouse AKA Token.
    Likes fishervet, shadow, "D", RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I acquired this nickname when I was 8 years old. There was a puppet show on TV in our city named the Mike and Michelle Mudturtle Show. My older sister's name was Michelle, she got the name first, then it got passed down to me.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others. Groucho Marx
    Likes shadow, "D" LIKED above post

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast