HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

The reg. states that the label has to include " full name and address, or conservation number", granted I am a little slow, but does that mean that "just your conservation number" is acceptable?

I'm re-doing my noodles and want to label them correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey beagleman, Ill do my best to remember your description. I fish out of a blue and silver Ranger 320V with a 100hp Mariner. I will usually spider rig up around pt 15, however, I think I will try to go up Flat a little further this year later in the spring just to see what I can do. I have caught some monster slabs up there back in the late 80s early 90s. Funny that you mention Longs camp. From Blunks down to Longs the last two years, fishin has been hot. Anyway, Ill be lookin for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes rookie, just the conservation number is acceptable. You might label them: Cons# 123456789
    Likes CrappieHead, BarryG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This was a great thread. Thanks
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely, if ever use more than one rod at a time. None of my rods are labeled and my favorite rod was new in 1980, I replaced it's cork handle in 1984 with an electrically heated handle for winter fishing. That handle quit working a couple of years later but here in 2016 I still use the rod. If the DOC catches me will they take rod and my Fishing license?

On second thought, I don't have a fishing license...
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hank,J View Post
    I rarely, if ever use more than one rod at a time. None of my rods are labeled and my favorite rod was new in 1980, I replaced it's cork handle in 1984 with an electrically heated handle for winter fishing. That handle quit working a couple of years later but here in 2016 I still use the rod. If the DOC catches me will they take rod and my Fishing license?

On second thought, I don't have a fishing license...
    No, you can use up to 3 unlabeled poles at one time, and up to 3 Hooks on each line. I wouldn't think a game warden would take your equipment, even if you were using more than 3 unlabeled poles at once, if that was the only law you were in violation of. Unless you were giving said warden a bunch of grief, then who knows what might happen. Lol personally, I have never had a bad experience with a game warden. I show them some respect and they return the favor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Two pole trollers need to look at this. I use address labels that the NRA or Elk federation sends for mine. I just take the label and place it just above the handle and put a piece of clear tape over it so it last. They will last for several years. Some guys wrap there business cards around the lower end of the pole and tape over them.
    i do the address label & tape also
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

maybe i am wrong but i thought u could only use three hooks total on pole and line. so three hooks on one pole, or two on one pole and one on another or 3 poles with one hook each. so if i am reading the post up above i could have 3 poles with 3 hooks each for a total of 9 hooks being fished at one time by one person.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is correct. Anything over that you have to make sure they are labeled.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast