Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota i Pilot questions and answers

Post Thanks / Like

I got the Power Drive ,it will stay on when Stowed. I was just curios if the GPS had to be horizontal or not to get signal

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

My spot lock keeps me, at best, in a 20ft radius of where I hit the anchor lock feature. I know it works off of satellite triangulation using a minimum of three satellites. GPS triangulation is accurate to 20 feet, so the boat has to move at least 20 feet before the triangulation changes enough to register on the unit , which will then kick the motor on and return to the original starting point.

I suggest anyone that is saying five feet throw out a marker buoy and check again.
    Likes clfarms1, Don G LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

if gps is only accurate to 20ft then how come you can mark a brush pile and it be where you marked it. if it was only accurate to 20ft then it wouldn't be worth having. if its not keeping you within that 5ft radious which is 10ft dia. with your mark at the center then something is wrong with your trolling motor. there are situations where it can drift off, like gusting winds instead of a constant breeze but that is a given. in the manual it says that in windy conditions you should lock on up wind of the spot you wish to fish to give the trolling motor time to respond.

Post Thanks / Like

I only can relate what my experience is for the last 2 1/2 years using my MinnKota Terrova w/IPilot. When the boat drifts off of the lock on spot about 20 ft, the trolling motor kicks on and takes me back.

If I am in 10 ft of water, my Humminbird597 HD di will be covering a 20 diameter circle which will put me on my brushpile.

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papadave View Post
    spotlock...can lock on a BP and it will "troll" you all around the pile.
    After 250+ trips with a Terrova 80, I have found this to be the best strategy for using iP. MK's claim of 5' accuracy may be true in the perfect test environment, but don't expect to match that in the real world. Unless your only techniques are precision jigging inside BPs and longline trolling, there are many times & places where spotlock is an excellent tool. I've caught a lot of fish floating corks around points, humps, grass lines, and other places with good drop offs. Fish hold in a wider area than a simple BP, and "spotlock trolling" is the perfect way to move baits around in such an area. The same holds true for stationary schools of fish in open water.

Blackdog offers good advice about windy conditions. At some point, spotlock becomes ineffective. For me, that's about 10 mph, but this threshold probably varies according to the size & weight of your boat, the size of your TM, and the condition of your batteries. When the wind forces me to disengage spotlock, I either move to another location or toss out a marker and switch to manual control.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question just got a 112 back in MArch and used it a couple of times with no issues then my remote started acting up and not working properly it would work intermintenly and sometimes when I go to turn I get nothing and then all of the sudden the motor will swing all the way around. I thought weak battery replaced it and still the same issues any thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using the correct battery. C2450N. The battery has to have the N at the end of the numbers. If it doesn't, that battery won't work right

Post Thanks / Like

yes I have the correct battery

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Terrova trolling motors w/IPilot and they both do that periodically. Just unplug the trolling motor for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Sometimes you just have to "reset" them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mervin View Post
    I have two Terrova trolling motors w/IPilot and they both do that periodically. Just unplug the trolling motor for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Sometimes you just have to "reset" them.

Same thing happened to me and this is what I did.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast