HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 89 of 166 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulling Cranks 101

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some good looking baits.... Might have to try a few. Thanks for posting them...

DoubleG

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered my rod holders,rods, and reels today. Cant wait til they come in to rig everything up and see what pulling crankbaits are all about. Six more months til crankbait season!lol

Post Thanks / Like

The tournament winner of the mini camp at Ross Barnett pulled cranks last weekend... Also DD got the biggest fish pulling cranks. I learned this weekend that you can pull cranks till the end of December and be productive. So there still is some time. I know one thing, my cranking stuff is going back in the boat! Well at least it is when I am fishing alone. Dad is coming up this weekend to single pole for some... After that, I am going to pull cranks some more.

DoubleG
    Thanks roachjwr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleGobble00 View Post
    The tournament winner of the mini camp at Ross Barnett pulled cranks last weekend... Also DD got the biggest fish pulling cranks. I learned this weekend that you can pull cranks till the end of December and be productive. So there still is some time. I know one thing, my cranking stuff is going back in the boat! Well at least it is when I am fishing alone. Dad is coming up this weekend to single pole for some... After that, I am going to pull cranks some more.

DoubleG
    +1
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

maybe i will be lucky enough to get out with my setup and at least pull to figure out how everything is supposed to work. maybe get the basics down and work some of the bugs out. who knows i may even catch some fish as a bonus.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

How early next year can we start pulling cranks again ?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

It's not even time to STOP pulling cranks G. That's what Zack is talking about, Bernard won and DD got big fish Sat with cranks. Several more were pulling that were not fishing with us. I should have put them on myself.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that Major but I mean when you finally do stop pulling cranks ( or are you going to fish straight on through?) when do you start back again? I just thought maybe you quit at the end of DEC. then start back When ?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I kept hearing, "can't wait til the water temp gets to 60 so we can start pulling again". I saw Paul J. pulling cranks in Jan this year. I just don't think there is a stop/start month or temp, I'll keep them in the boat and not be afraid to try them in any water that's not chumk full of stumps.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Maj on this one... I just got some 8, 12, and 16 foot PSTs with okuma reels. Had them in the garage last saturday but that won't happen again. It is time to put them in the water...

DoubleG