HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrova sonar transducer mount

Post Thanks / Like

what type of glue did you guys use for the groove? whats it called?
    thanks

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craptacular View Post
    This is a great thread!

Unfortunately my Lowrance transducer is too big for the slot (someone else noted this)

Any Lowrance users using LMS or HDS? What transducer did you use that worked on the Terrova?
    UPDATE!!

I tracked down a HS-WSX which is a Lowrance 200khz 20degree tranducer with a gray plug.

This doesn't have temperature, but it does have a smaller cable which will fit in the Terrova's groove.

I mounted mine tonight without any issues. I have yet to test the ducer with the HDS-7 but it should work just fine. Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craptacular View Post
    UPDATE!!

I tracked down a HS-WSX which is a Lowrance 200khz 20degree tranducer with a gray plug.

This doesn't have temperature, but it does have a smaller cable which will fit in the Terrova's groove.

I mounted mine tonight without any issues. I have yet to test the ducer with the HDS-7 but it should work just fine. Stay tuned...
    Well that was short lived.

The signal isn't very good on the HS-WSX with the HDS-7.

Called Lowrance and they said the HS-WSX would work...but apparently the Gray connector transducers won't work that well with Blue connector Sonars.

Unfortunately the Blue connector transducers wire is too thick to fit along the Terrova's shaft.

Anyone else worked around this?
    Likes jnalley LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=luvin.fishin;992910]Had to remove the shaft with motor from the drive to avoid cutting the cable, but it's just one 3/16" screw. QUOTE]

Where is this 3/16 screw located? Is the idea to remove the head of the unit and pull the motor and shaft assembly out the bottom??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The screw is just under the head it actualy goes through the head and shaft. Take the top cover off to disconnect wires pull screw out pull shaft out bottom put cable in slot and put back together.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Wilbur is right on here.
    The screw should only go in one way since there is a hex molded into the plastic head to capture the nut and hold it for you while you use a phillips head screwdriver on the screw head. Just thread the screw past the wire and it's there.
    BTW, I use PermaTex 5 minute 2-part epoxy glue sold at WallyWorld or Lowes to hold the cable to the shaft. Still using mine like this with no issues so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few pictures of a Humminbird transducer install on a Riptide ST (saltwater version of a Terrova). I used 5200 to glue the cable in the groove since I had some left over from other projects. The only drawback is it took a week for it to dry.

Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Keith. I am going to install sonar cable on a Terrova today for crappiehunter. I am gonna just cut the transducer cable, run it then and re-splice it. This way, I won't have to take the unit apart. The transducer cable is too long anyway.

I will try to take some pictures and add here. Every little bit helps.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Just got done installing. Thanks for all the pics and descriptions....

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast