Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/26/07 Son Up Date as Of Last Night

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1/26/07 Son Up Date as Of Last Night

Over the last few days it’s been up and down days with lots of pain in his leg and foot. Wednesday his wife told me he was in really bad pain in his foot, but still when they got him up in the chair/bed (it’s a kind of bed that can be as a chair or tilt to let him to standing position) he insisted on taking 32 steps in place. She told him he inspires everyone around him because of effort like that. Oh and the swelling in his foot was about gone and the leg was better swelling wise.

Ok now for the better news…. Yesterday was a very good day, still the swelling is much better and when he got in the chair/tilt thing he used a walker and took 32 steps again and not just in place, but actual walking with the chair/bed attached and with a walker, but still I am amazed he’s able to do that.

He also got to visit with his kids yesterday. They don’t get to see him often, but yesterday made a good day even better with that visit.

His attitude is great and I feel better and better as time goes on. I am more & more impressed with my son and his will to get better after this devastating injury; he is something else and I don’t doubt that he will, in time recover to a point that will surpass most of the outlooks that were there in the beginning of this.

When we talked about the push we are expecting in Iraq the thing that disappoints him is that he can’t be with his unit right now and for the coming push. It’s easy to see it in his face when we spoke of this and I know exactly what he means. Some would be happy to be alive after this and just glad to be back in the USA and out of Iraq, but not my son, he still would choose to be over there with his unit as long as they are. One of many reasons he makes me proud and I can’t imagine any other dad being any more proud than I am.

Thank You for your prayers and please we still need them to make him well again and there is a long way to go still.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like what i had once with the swelling and such went two weeks with bone in leg broken and a walking cast on it when at the begining of a promotional exam bammo whammo the pain was so excruciating i barely made it out the building before i puked and passed out. the doc said that the bone had bled and it had only one way to go and it was down around the ankle where it pooled....worse pain i have ever felt...I dont mean to compare that with what your son is going through I am sure it is 10 times worse for him...and yes you have more than anyone the right to be proud not only is he your son but he is AMERICA'S son.God bless him his family and you...Keep up the vigil and fish when you can just so dad can relax once in a while...thanks for the updates

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that things are starting to get better. I'll keep praying for his recovery.
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Your son sounds like quite a guy. I'd like to meet him some day. His Dad too.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go!!! The mighty power of GODs healing powers are definately at work here. I am so glad to hear that your son is doing better. When I read the update I got kind of emotional because of what your son has went through for me and the rest of this country. Skip, you also are to be commended for being there for your son. Not eveybody is luck enough to have a father like you. Please tell your son and his family that my wife and I are still praying for his recovery. Keep us updated. GOD Bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Sounds like a hero to me.

The brotherhood of the armed services is what drives these men to recover and get back to their brothers in arms. Even though he may never be able to. Sounds like a hero to me.
    Crazy Angler Tackle
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff
    Tracker Marine Pro Staff
    www.nathankincade.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for good news, hang in there...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Great news............... won't be long before he's wetting a hook at this rate!

Tell him to take his time and don't rush too fast............... better to be healed up completely than not.

Y'all take care.

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great news ! Prayers coming from SW Ohio!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers continuing from Kentucky for this awesome young man. Again, thank him for his service and sacrifice. God bless your entire family and God bless all those who serve in our military.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast