Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PB1 Access at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by working man View Post
    Debating whether or not to come down on friday. Think the bite will still be good after the storms that are suppose to hit today? We're they still on the banks?
    Depending on how much rain we get that area will muddy up quick. But should be able to find fish and cleaner water down just a short trip from there
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Catman you would have turned red. He caught that drum and started in with the bill dance I can really kiss this fish I tried to just ignore it and keep on fishin but I think he named the fish Debbie. Dont know what to do with him but he is alot of fun good fishn all take care see ya soon.
    Likes catman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Gonna put in at 2 tommorrow. Will start by 1 and work back down lake towards 2. If ya all are out there I have a camouflage 20 ft xpress with a 115 mercury optimax on the back. Feel free to stop and say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hogster1 View Post
    Depending on how much rain we get that area will muddy up quick. But should be able to find fish and cleaner water down just a short trip from there
    Have good luck up there in muddy water. Just have to slow way down and throw something with some thump too it. Just been a while since my fishing opportunities lined up with the day right after a storm. Didn't know where they were in relationship to spawn. Seems like if they aren't guarding a nest sometimes them storms will push them back to and sometimes down into deeper water. Thanks for the reminder about the cleaner water. Will probably still go up by 1 to try to avoid the crowds but if the bite is slow, that clean water being fresh in my mind will trigger me to move down lake a little sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

measure em and I will be in my white with blue stripe Lowe. We are going to do a little rigging so if you see us with lines all a tangle the same offer is out come by and say hi. We are not to serious to visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    measure em and I will be in my white with blue stripe Lowe. We are going to do a little rigging so if you see us with lines all a tangle the same offer is out come by and say hi. We are not to serious to visit.
    Sounds good. Ya all putting in at pb2 and running up?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing was a little tough for us today. We only came home with 5, all between 10 and 12 inches. Accidentally dropped another one back in the water. Probably could have caught shorts all day long. Small males were stacked on the bank in isolated areas. Biggest problem we had today was when we found fish we just couldn't get them to bite. We could literally see them but as far as the good ones I don't think we could have drawn a strike with dynamite. Either that storm front yesterday really messed them up or we just weren't holding our mouths right. On the plus side the males we did keep were on the bank. Looks like they are just starting to do their thing. The one female we kept appeared to still be loaded with eggs. Looks like next week might be real real hot. Lot of fish seem to be staging, with a few on the banks now. Lake is still very clear. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be putting in at army rec and roaming around, got my stickers on the boat and we both have cdc hats so if you see a couple of guys having a good time on the water stop and say hi. As long as I can keep Paul away from his new drum friend Debbie we will visit good luck all and hope everyone finds a spot to park not to far away from the ramp.
    Likes catman LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12