Made it out again yesterday. We caught quite a few, but a lot of short ones. We brought 19 home tho. Nothing really big this time. The biggest one was a little over 12 inches. We Caught Walleye, Bass, Perch, Bluegill and of coarse Crappie. The water temp was 70 degrees yesterday. It was almost a perfect day for fishing, 79 and Sunny with a slight breeze.
I would say the Crappie are done Spawning around here now. We caught them out on the ledges in deeper water. Most came in 20 foot and most were about 3 ft off of the bottom. We caught some with jigs, but only the smaller ones was hitting the jig so we went to minnows and started getting the keeper size Crappie. They really haven't commited themselves to going deep yet. Another week or two and they will be in their summer haunts and then we should be on them again.
The smaller females had small egg sacks in them yet and was still firm and had the blood lines in them. The bigger females eggs didn't have a sack and was starting to absorb them. All the females were pretty thin, and the smaller ones had just a noticable trace of a round belly. All the females that we caught had already spawned out.
I took our new neighbor out with me yesterday and now have another fishing buddy to go fishing with me. He had a great time yesterday. He helped me fillet the fish and I could tell he was new to filleting after I seen what was left of the fillet when he was done. LOL That will be something we can work on next trip. He is a Bass guy so will have to work on that too, LOL EB