Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Do you fish with your wife or signifiicant other?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we fish together all of the time

8 57.14%
  • No, that is my time to get out by myself

2 14.29%
  • My wife/husband wouldn't fish with me for the the life of her/him

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing with your significant other

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with your significant other

How many of you fish with your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend?
    I was talking to a guy at camp and he couldn't see why guys would want to fish with their wife because it was his way of getting out of the house and doing "his" thing.
    I on the other hand envy you guys that have wifes that will fish with you. Mrs. Rugs has bought a license this year, 1st time since I have been with her 15 years. She had a good time at Blind Pony catching the little catfish, but I want to see what she thinks when we can go out and nail a bag full of nice crappie!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Openning A Can Of Worms Rugs!

Look It Is Like This My Friend, Pw58 And I Fish Together But Not All The Time. I Have A Regular Fishing Partner Who I Split The Time With. It Is A Given One Way Or The Other Pw58 Will Either Kick My Butt With Numbers Or Catch The Largest Fish Double Of My Largest Fish. And It Is Also A Given When She Kicks My Butt That Half The Neighborhood Will Be In Our Driveway When We Get Back From A Fishing Trip.

But Either Way She Does Help Clean All The Fish And We Cook Them Together!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Todays Results!

And Rugs, For Your Info, Today She Did Me In Both Ways In Faster Numbers And Also Largest Fish! Lol And Neighbor Did Show Up And She Showed Him On A Map Where She Got Them At Today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    Look It Is Like This My Friend, Pw58 And I Fish Together But Not All The Time. I Have A Regular Fishing Partner Who I Split The Time With. It Is A Given One Way Or The Other Pw58 Will Either Kick My Butt With Numbers Or Catch The Largest Fish Double Of My Largest Fish. And It Is Also A Given When She Kicks My Butt That Half The Neighborhood Will Be In Our Driveway When We Get Back From A Fishing Trip.

But Either Way She Does Help Clean All The Fish And We Cook Them Together!
    I couldn't think of all the pole options, so if the three I posted are not applicable, please post your thoughts on this here.
    Q
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

my wife always fishes with me she loves it,gets agravating sometimes because i have friends that want to go too

Post Thanks / Like

My wife has fished with me 2 times in the past 9 yrs. She just doesn't enjoy it like I do. That's ok tho. She's still a "Keeper".

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Miss Jane used to love trout fishing. She'd put on chest waders and fish right along side of me when we would have to break ice off the edge of the water to wade in. She can tie all kinds of fishing knots, unhook her own fish, everting except clean them. These days, we don't fish together that much. I have several fishing buddies that I go with now. Most are on this board. She thinks thats a good thing though because everyone needs their own thing to do. Fishing is alot better than alot of other things I could be out doing.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have fished one tournament with my wife. But have got her to go only a handful of times since. Something about running down the lake in April at 60 mph she did not like. Swore she would never ride in the boat again. Scared her from the speed. She did not go again for 4 years. I was taking the daughters this April when the spawn was on good and Lacy talked her into going. She did not fish but had a great time watching the girls fish.

Post Thanks / Like

One Thing I Can Say Is Pw58 Isn't Afraid Of The Boat. But My Top Speed Is Only 28 Mph. The Best Investment I Made Was When We Went To Bp And Got Her And I A Complete Set Of Under Armour. I Was Having The Fishing Fever Really Bad This Spring And It Was 32 Degrees One Morning When We Launched The Boat On Pomme. And She Was Crazy Enough To Go With Me.

Problem I Am Having Is She Will Park The Pickup And Trailer. But She Won't Back The Boat Down The Ramp. And I Am Trying To Get Her To Learn How To Drive The Boat Up On The Trailer. Any Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

My wife fishes with me probably better than 50% of the time. We actually make a decent pair. I love to dip and she likes to cast. She can retreive a tube jig slower than anyone I know! I lot better than me. I don't have the patience. And she is pretty successful!
    I do get my time alone because she is definately not a morning person. About 9 o'clock I can come in and get her, then she is good for the day. As long as I bring the old minnow bucket:D, if you know what I mean. And she's not bashful about that either!

Crappie is her fav, then white bass. She also likes to go north and fish for them toothy critters.

Overall, it's a good thing!
    @lozcrappie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast