Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Record from Grenada Spillway!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Record from Grenada Spillway!!!!

Just not sure what kind of record it is. Bet you ain't neber eber caught one or seen one bigger than this.

This fish came from a trotline about 100 yards below the Old River Run sometime within the last 7 days, just not exactly sure which day. It was caught by the brother of JTR76, who lives here in Grenada....Benji. Said it was foul hooked on the line, so he wasn't sure weather it hit his bait and got tangled, or just swam into the hook. Unfortunately, these are the only 2 pics and he released the fish. Judging by the photos, I'd say he's a good 20 pounds or better.

Any ideas on what the heck it is?

DonDon, I know you post over on mdwfp. Would you mind posting these pics there as I can't do photobucket from here.

A top ten list in your honor to the man who correctly identifies this thing.

Wannabe...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Its either a big mouth carp or an asian carp.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks like a deformed Channel cat to me

Don't see any whiskers and the mouths looks funky. Got ya covered bud, it's uploading into my photobucket now and I'll post it over there in a few
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure it's not a Silver Carp. They have small mouths and look pretty much like a regular carp with big scales, just different color. Never seen a Big Head Carp, so not sure about that one.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected, I think it may very well be a Silver Carp.

Thumbnails Summary

Dern, I thought this one was gonna be a good game too.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

It's a big ugly

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those jumping Carp we've been hearing about. Bad for the fishery. And big fat noggins too when you're on plane. Sure do wish he'd have killed it.

Wannabe...

Least now I'll know who to blame when it tears up something on my boat or puts a knot on my haiyd.
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Is that one of those that they have had on tv where they are knocking folks out of the boat?

Post Thanks / Like

100% positive its an Asian carp - and yes those are the jumping kind.
    We get jon-boats full of the darn things when we're on the Mississippi working on duck blinds, etc. Have had as many as 9 in the boat at once (sticking them with a knife and tossin' 'em overboard, but they were coming in too fast for us to keep up.

They get darned big. Just ask my son - he got his glasses broken and big black eye from one only about 24" that smacked him in the head last summer up by Dresser Island. Bout knocked him out of the boat.

I hate those things.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to see they have made there way into other trubutaries. That is an Asian Carp.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast