Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A series of questions on the Fruit Jar

Post Thanks / Like

Default A series of questions on the Fruit Jar

OK, I've made a list of topics that need fleshing out. Rather than do multiple posts/polls, I decided to try it this way and I'll keep track of the responses and adjust the rules accordingly. Please respond to any and all you wish, but in your reply, give a topic number and a description so I can keep up with you such as 3) Payouts -blah, blah, blah. I'm not dead set on any rule at all, I'll go with the wishes of the majority.

1) Payouts

Should we increase the number of payouts to 1 place for each 5 boats rather than 1 for 7 boats? The reason I went with 7 is that as I was working with the sample payout schedule, it was hard to get to any real amount of money if we were paying out say 4 places. Realistically, I'm hoping for 15 boats at the first T and maybe 20 at the last one if things go well. That being the case, I decided to stick to 7 so the winners would actually do more than covering their gas.

2) Payout percentages - I tried to weight the payouts skewed to the top of the field rather than spreading it downward reasoning that 1st deserves a bunch more than say 3rd. Wasn't sure whether the majority would rather have that pushed down the rankings more or beef up 1st and 2nd. In my example if you got way out to 10 places, the bottom bottom of the field only clears their travel money and that's about it.

3) Championship - As it stand now, the top 10 teams based on most weight go the non-entry fee championship. Would ya'll rather see that changed to fish 2 fruit jars and you qualify for the championship? If so, should there be an entry fee for the championship or leave it at free?

4) Championship pot - Should we increase the total entry fee for an additional 5, 10, 15 to go towards the championship? I really don't want to push the envelope here. These are some pretty tough times for everybody and while I'd like there to be more money to be had in the championship, I'm trying not to lose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be more about having fun and meeting C.Cers than it is about winning money. I'd vote to increase it to $30 total with $10 of that going to the championship, but leave it there. Again, I'll go with the majority though.

5) Ramps

Should we launch at one ramp or multiple? I can see the benefits of either. If we go multiple, since we'd be entering on the T day, we'd have to make those that want to trailer to other ramps show up at one designated ramp in order to enter and register then drive to where they wanted to launch. The other negative would be that they'd have to come back there to weigh in by a certain time. This is gonna cut into their fishing time, but would allow someone with a smaller boat on a windy day the chance to put in at the best ramp for them. I kind of like the idea of multiple ramps myself.

Let me hear from ya.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

1. payouts. Since it is about fun, I think we should do 1 place for 5 boats.

2. Payout percentage. I think first should be a good bit higher than any other place and last payout spot should MAYBE cover thier entry.

3. Championship. Fish 2 tournaments and your in. Regular entry for the championship.

4. Champoinship pot. I vote leave it at 25 per, and 5 going towards the championship...

5. Ramps. I say we meet at a designated spot (a ramp, a gas station, whatever)EARLY and pay up and sign up, then leave to go to what ever ramp you want. Have a start fishing time, and a stop fishing time. Have to be at weigh in 1 hour after stop time. That way everyone has the same amount of fishing time, no matter what ramp the put in at.

Post Thanks / Like

Pattrick, sticky this one for me por favor.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Guy's , I'm coming in late on this deal, but this is exactly what my fishing buddy and I have been looking for. We mainly fish Sardis and Arkabutla because we live in Hernando and he has a cadin at Holiday Lodge.We have been wanting to fish some tourney's but did'nt see any close by. We just want to have fun and would be willing to help out if we can.We aren't pro or anything ,just 2 guy's who like to crappie fish. I read you all's post everyday and get a big kick out of it and we would like to meet you fellows as well. Just saying that we are in If ya'll start having tournaments.Another question? will the fish have to be alive or what? I kinda like to eat to dudes!!

Post Thanks / Like

BH,
    come ou down and join in the fun, the more the merrier. We are all a big bunch of happy go lucky crappie fishermen and women here that like to enjoy ourselves. We especially enjoy pickin at each other, more pickin at some than others, Mainly DONDON and WANNABE get the most, but we all do it in fun. SO if you want to join us , please feel free. Just ignore anything WB says and you'll get along fine..:D:D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yep, I've already figured out who the trouble makers are Satdoc! Hpoe to run into some of you fellas soon. We are at Sardis most weekends and may be there when you have your gathering. I'm in a old dirty Tracker Grizzly w/ 40 Merc. w/ no stickers on the motor, so if any of ya'll see the boat feel free to say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ok then, but since you've aligned yourself with satdoc aka the axis of evil, just double your entry fee and we'll let y'all in.

Your welcome to keep the fish you weigh in. And satdoc's too for that matter.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Hey WB, here is something you may want to check on. I fished with Trollmates Crappie club for 7 or 8 years and I know that when we fished the COE lakes we had to buy a permit to have our tournaments. If you launch at mulitiple ramps you may not have to have a permit. You might ask someone with the COE.
    TLOW OF HERNANDO

Post Thanks / Like

WB, I'll call Mr. Artie and check on the permit.