Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: So far, what do you think?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whatever, I'm in if I can make the dates

17 85.00%
  • I'm definitely not interested

1 5.00%
  • If the rules were more to my liking, I'd join in

0 0%
  • Love the idea, hate the lakes

1 5.00%
  • I'm waiting to see the payout schedule

0 0%
  • Wannabe is pretty

1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North MS C.C Fruit Jar Series Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Default North MS C.C Fruit Jar Series Poll

Also known as the inaugural, 1st Annual Wannabe Tournament Trail. Only fair since I'm the first and only sponsor.

OK, from the discussion so far, this is the direction we're headed in.

There will be a series of 4 "Fruit Jar" T's that would qualify you for the championship Fruit Jar. The exact dates would be determined later, but I envision the first to be late June, July, Aug, Sept with the championship to be in Oct.

This would be open to anyone that wants to fish, no pre-requisites or qualifiers with the exception that only the top 10 boats would be allowed in the championship based on total weight over the first 4 T's. If you can do top 10 with 2 T's or even 1, well, I s'pose you deserve to be there.

Basic outline of the rules are:

1) Have fun, be safe. No alcohol during the T or prior to the launch. All safety equipment required by MDWFP and other governing authorities.

2) Pay at the launch - No forms to fill out or registration required prior to the date of the T.

3) Best 7 fish per boat to be weighed. No livewell required. You can fish 1 or more people per boat, best 7 per boat. Boat may not exceed carrying capacity per it’s manufacturers plate. Any method you want to fish is fine – trolling, spider rigging, single pole, multi pole, live bait, artificial are all OK as long as it’s legal for that lake.

4) Entry Fee will be $25 per boat, plus some sort of "door prize" type item valued around $5, more if you like. These prizes will be awarded to the kids in some fashion. If there's 1 kid (under 16) they get it all. If there's 20, we'll divy it out best we can and try to recognize the top finishing kids in some way or another. Be sure to let the Tournament director know that you'll be fishing with a kid so that they do not get overlooked. Prize suggestions - Lures, Line, Hats, Tshirts, fishing tools. You're not limited to $5, but try to make it something that a kid would like to have, not a beat up 6 year old crankbait. T director will make the determination on how best to dole out the goodies.

5) Payout will be 1 place for every 7 boats. There will be a discussion at a later point on the payout schedule. I’m open to input whether to weight it heavy to the top or spread it out down the line. For that matter 1 place for every 7 boats is open for discussion as well.

6) Lakes will be Grenada, Enid, Sardis and Arkabutla. Dates will be set at a point later. The championship lake will be determined by the T with the most paying boats. In case of a tie, I’ll decide. Hint, it’ll be the one closest to Grenada if I choose.

All of the above is just a starting point. In the next few days, we’ll refine, add and subtract and republish in the near future. If need be, I’ll run another pole if there is a split between options.

Please post your comments. Despite popular belief, I’m not the smartest guy here and I’m sure I’ve overlooked or haven’t thought about something.

Wannabe…
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess who voted WB is pretty (ugly)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bigger, I knew I could count on you.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

If WB does this it should be called North Mississippi Slop Jar Tourney.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question. Why would you want to limit the Championship to 10 teams? How about you must fish at least 2 of the other tournaments to qualify. The key to making this work is participation.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey college boy, pole, is spelled with two L's, no E - poll. Glad to be of help....Goober ( not Gewber by the way)
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Hey newbie, it's part of fishing bored lexicon. Look it up homes. B'sides, I think it adds to my flair, my penache, my jen ne sais quoi. New pas?

Wannabe...

Shaken, not stirred
    Wannabe...v2.0

Post Thanks / Like

You gonna launch from one ramp or anywhere on the lake as long as your paid up? Jsut a thought. It might spread out some of these gubers instead of em all following you WB and your lectronix.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish our company tournaments every year and we launch from one ramp at a designated time. Biggest reason I'm told for doing this is everyone's safety...a definete number of boats checked in at launch...definete number accounted for at weigh in..anyone that leaves early hangs assigned boat number on T-director's side mirror...love this idea..hope I can make them all..just for the fun of it if nothing else
    Strike King Prostaff
    Single pole Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

I think for the sake of wind and nothing else, you should be able to launch anywhere u want to, just gotta meet at a central location, and check back in at the end wether you gonna weigh or not.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast