Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sardis lake 9/2,3/05

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up sardis lake 9/2,3/05

Hello,

Had a pretty productive day last Friday caught 30 real good crappie. These crappie were all fat (swelled) like during the spawn and some kind of sassy. They were very aggressive hitting jigs hard. My pattern was fishing outside of standing timber in 14ft of water fishing jigs and nibbles focusing alot on the smaller tress and stumps right above the water. Saturday managed only 18 hit hard but a whole lot faster. Missed several because of poor hook sit. Bigger fish caught on Saturday however whole lot windy and water more muddy. Little cooler weather put these fish on a feeding freenzy good sign of things to come as far as fall pattern.

See ya'll on the lake,
    spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Spawner
    Did you catch any of the hybrid crappie and if so how big were they. I'm asking because those things get huge pretty fast,and when they get there I am going to start fishing down there more often.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

england

I didnt notice anything unusual just the qty length wise (14-16inch) and how fat they were as if they were about spray out eggs. They tell me you can count there dorsel fins to tell the difference between crappie, however not sure about that.

Post Thanks / Like

How deep were they spawner?

Post Thanks / Like

waxworm I was fishing 8ft deep all morning in the same location just working over the area real good. Going to try them again Friday same pattern hope for same results.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how you do. I am planning on hunting birds on Saturday but I could change my mind. I have been fishing that same technique at Enid and only picking up one here or there. Maybe I need to change lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

waxworm

Hows the water at Enid as far as clarity and levels. Me and my dad use to only fish Enid until he had to cut back on fishing to much in the heat and sun. Had some fun early in the spring at bynum creek during spawn and shortly after as they moved out to deeper water. We always put in at water valley is it accesiable now? Forget the name of the first creek to the right of water valley boat ramp with standing timber at
    or right near the mouth should be a prime spot right now if the water is right depth.
    Have you tried that area lately? I will let you know how I do tomorrow.

Good fishing
    spawner

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing the standing timber out from Water Valley the other day. All ramps are open down there. I usually launch at Wallace Creek and boat south across the lake since I live north of the lake. Water is a little high for September, relatively clear, and still really warm. It needs to drop a few more feet before I know what I am doing. I usually troll this time of year, but I am trying to learn new things. I know how to jig it when the lake is around 234 - 240, but I can't seem to get the depth right in the summer when the water is high and the crappie are deep, so I usually just end up trolling. I will be in business in a couple more weeks though.

Post Thanks / Like

waxworm

Caught 17 yesterday mostly all of them coming in the first 2 hrs we fished. Thought it was going to be a heck of a day at first then the bite just QUIT. What we caught was still mainly on the outside of timber but scattered more than the past couple of weeks. Had to find a different color jig they werent hitting the same color jig as last week went with a red head jig a little heavier than a 1/16th used a Bass Pro Shop grub in glow chart tipped with nibbles. The water had fell 2ft more since last week and they must have opened some gates at the spillway early yesterday morn because there was a good bit of current. Anyway it was a good day to be on the lake as usual.