Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Marsh or Bust

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Marsh or Bust

Well I took a friend of mine up to Blue Marsh today (Saturday). We got kinda a late start but we made it atleast. The lake was kinda dead as far as other boats pretty much the whole day. We hit my fav. spot in the early afternoon. Not too much luck there since they dropped the water table a few feet.Then tried another spot that looked like it might have a few slabs hiding around. Well heres a few pics of what happend at my "New" fav. spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet pics, a nice mix of white and blacks in there. Looks like the panfish enhancement is starting to pay off a lil

Post Thanks / Like

We even caught a few nice Sunfish on some large fathead minnies. I never had that happen before. Thats a new one for me.

Post Thanks / Like

nice pic,
    i was in blue marsh on saturday evening under the "bridge", one bass and a couple of sunfish. i don't have good luck, maybe a tip on a good spot will help... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brindlepit
    nice pic,
    i was in blue marsh on saturday evening under the "bridge", one bass and a couple of sunfish. i don't have good luck, maybe a tip on a good spot will help... lol

If you start out at the no wake zone boat launch. Go under the bridge and around the bend. Stay on the right side of the lake and just when you come around the second bend look twords your right for a small cove. Go past the cove and keep looking twords the right into the woods. You will see a single dead tree with no limbs sticking out of the woods not far from the water line. Right below it there is a dead tree laying in the water with a few other limbs sticking out around it. It will be about 18 ft. deep there. Stay out from the tree laying in the water about 20 ft. and cast up by the tree. (Hint use a slip bobber set at about 7 ft. with no.6 hooks, 3 3/0 split shots, and med. fatheads). Quite a bit of underwater debris be prepared to get a few snags. If your ever there and you see a blue Spectrum aluminum boat with a Force motor give a wave, thats me. Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by Dustystetson; 09-05-2005 at 01:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Dusty, i really appreciate your help and hint, only problem is that i don't have a boat... well not yet. but i'll try this saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brindlepit
    thanks Dusty, i really appreciate your help and hint, only problem is that i don't have a boat... well not yet. but i'll try this saturday.
    anytime brindlepit, i'm always willing to give someone a little help if i can, if i find anymore spots i'll give ya a shout.

Post Thanks / Like

thanx Dusty