Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So lemme get this strait....

Post Thanks / Like

Default So lemme get this strait....

Once you start pullin the cranks, the fish hits it, he comes to the surface, you ski the crappie to the boat , and never stop. Did I get that right.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's it from what I understand. What I don't get is what if you run over a stump and get hung up. Then what?

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seems that would cause a

mess getting stuck on a stump with 6 or 8 poles out and the wind blowing like crazy.
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

That's how it happens most of the time(skiing), especially with larger crappie. Cats and white bass are a different story altogether, they can wreak some havoc when they run side to side. Also, reeling in with planers attached can be a little more difficult-that's why most people like a shorter / stiffer rod for them. You don't tend to lose a lot of fish on the cranks which is a plus also.
    It's all over but the fryin'......

Post Thanks / Like

Default We'll have 4 poles out

when we come up. 2 up front and 2 in the back. We have 2 8 foot poles I use for Green carp and Stripers, then a 6 foot medium weight spinning combo and I have a 12 foot B & M thats HEAVY and stiff so it should work. Since I work in Autocadd every day. I even drew up my boat and put the poles on it to scale to see how far apart they'd be with different angles on the poles. Looking like a little over 5 feet apart each if we set it up right. We'll cover around 21 feet wide behind us as we go

Post Thanks / Like

were not talking about trolling at reelfoot, the best places to pull cranks is over mid depth and deep water flats near a old river channel if possible. You can also run weights to get you cranks down without letting so much line out. Most of the time the fish doesn't surface as easily then. I use weights on my front poles to keep seperation from the lines trailing the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

medium or medium light action tips work best. When your cranks are running true you get a nice little vibration of the tip. When you get a strike the the vibration stops also when the crank is tangled in the line or picked up trash in the water the jiggle quits. I tried running my heavy action worm rod and couldn't detect enough. The poles always have a bend in them any way.

Post Thanks / Like

I run 14ft wally's with a 2oz egg sinker about 8ft in front of crank with 7 ft rod behind each same rig. Then run 4 poles seperated out the back of boat no weights. If the action picks up its more than the wife and i can handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonDon View Post
    . Since I work in Autocadd every day. I even drew up my boat and put the poles on it to scale to see how far apart they'd be with different angles on the poles.
    Dang I thought I was the only one that eat up with it :D

I use Smartcam cause that's what I'm more comfortable using, but
    do the same thing with it.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mine will have to do.

Don;t need to spend any more money in the near future. In july, wife and I are going down to Bay St Louis. I have a continueing education seminar for my License thurs and friday so we're staying through sunday since we'll already be there. JUST SO HAPPENS, I'm taking the boat down and try to learn how to do some inshore fishing for some reds, specks ands Flounder :D got to get girly a decent Spining Combo that'll hols up to a good sized redfish. Be around 125 to 150 for a pretty decent one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast