Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Out of here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Out of here

today at noon. Heading up to Bathurst, New Brunswick with my son for a black bear bow hunt. Won't be back in pocket till June 1, so you'll just have to endure this without my usual smartelick remarks. lol

Ya'll stay safe, and I'll try to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Now why in the heck would somebody want to kill a bear anyway? Why not tackle some big game with DonDon and get a little perch jerkin in while you're down here?

Some folks just need lots of help with vacation planning.

Wannabe...

Exterminator of 3 black bear...so far.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of I didn't look all that close at 'em. They very well could have been pigme big feets.

Wannabe...

Spooky
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby feets WB. LOL

My next trip will be over near Baton Rouge in the next few weeks. Lock and Load my friend
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of relatives in the Baton Rouge area I will have to be sure and warn them that the big feets are coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bigfeets are already there

thats why I'm going!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the bear Jimmy!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck.. Not knocking what you are doin but I just dont see the fun in shooting a bear over a can of garbage. Hope ya get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be careful and good luck

WB said he it HAD to be a male. Something about mountain oysters and him wanting them for dinner? Not sure what that meant

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Slab, I understand what you mean, but in the spring if you don't bait a little bit, you'll never see a bear. Seven times the nose of a white tail and the hearing of a turkey, is how they (biologists) describe the black bear. When we hunt in the fall and they're feedin on black/blue berrys out i the open, we do a nose to the wind "spot and stalk", but in the spring they are still in the black timber and along the road edges looking for fresh roots and the first green grasses. Still, with a bow in your hand with no back up and at 12-18 yards, over a barrel or not, its still gets pretty dicey sometimes, specially if momma and her cubs happen along. I've seen up front and personal what they call an "ole bittin sow", and it ain't pretty. Made the mistake of tryin to track a stuck bear in the dark two years ago and really had a close call. Finally waited till morning and retrieved him. It's different ballgame when they can hunt you back (not like a whitetail). My son and I trophy hunt, so we let any number of 250 lb bears (4-6 years old) walk. He got one last year the weighed in at 369. Add about 1/3 of that weight in the fall and you've got a 500 lb bear. For a blackie that's big. Nothin like havin a big ole blackie so close that you can see his nostrils moving in and out while he's tryin to wind you. Can you say "adrenalin rush?" Sorry I rambled. Just excited and ate up with this adventure with my son. Good fishin guys, and ya'll stay safe. Gone!!!!