Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warning!!!!!

Everyone ...just a reminder. Friday May 22 is the day the new PFD rule goes into effect on the COE lakes. Over 16 FT boats when running the lake will have to wear them and 16 FT and under have to wear them at all times.

Post Thanks / Like

Good heads up! It never even occured to me that they were starting the new regs on Memorial Day weekend. Ought to be a good way to give a bunch of folks an expensive dose of reality, in the form of tickets! (but it seems kind of low to me, to debut a new reg at a time when the maximum number of unknowing folks would be out. Makes more sense to start it several weeks before or a week after something like Memorial Day, just to help get the word out and give folks a chance.)

Maybe I'm missing something.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw you aint missin nothin........you got it right.........Big Brother wants to make sure we dont hurt ourselves and do it on OUR dime!!
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

They say... that they aren't going to write citations, just warnings. We'll see how long that lasts.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Default life jacket

I believe it is 16 ft and over for jacket when running and under 16' at all times

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this was rolled out as a pilot program for educational purposes. Truth is, it's a COE deal and the game wardens aren't playing with it. Had one tell me point blank "I don't know who the (*&^^(&(?! they think is going to enforce this for 'em, cause I'm not going to write a ticket for it". Caveat - he said that right after it was published, might be the bosses on high have started to give them guidance on it by now and they may be enforcing it when it does get around to becoming a hanging offence. The good ole gubmint doesn't miss an opportunity to generate revenue and mask it as an educational program very often. It's coming, trust me.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I still say the whole thing is ridiculous.... they need to let me take care of me...

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree!!!!
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    I still say the whole thing is ridiculous.... they need to let me take care of me...
    Exactamundo!!!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Had two game wardens check me a few weeks back, asked about my life jacket but didnt have any on theirselves!!!! Makes ya wonder dont it!?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast