Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sardis FISHING and BOATING information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis FISHING and BOATING information

OK, we got the campground and who's coing thread going so I figured I'd start one about boating laws and fishing techniques so people will know how to catch them AND also not get ticketed. Boat laws are one thing I'd like to know more about for Sardis. It's a COE lake so I know if that big motor is cranked, you better have your PFD on. Fishing and drivers license are a must along with having a throw cushion, fire extenguisherand horn. Anything else law wise we need to put up for those of us who have never been? OH, fish size and limit. Is it a 12 inch and 20 limit? Whats the limit on how many Rods you can have on spider rigging? Now CATCHING THEM. LOL I've done a good bit of research on the lake and from what I can tell, it's a deep lake so you have to fine the thermocline. Cranking seems to be a good way to catch the big one's. That and big jigs with big minnows.Black and char are good colors along with a dark green. How about Orange and char? Red and char. I inject Nibbles in my jigs so that should help.
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

Default And.

what about approximate locations to try? I'm gonnas TRY to stay away from Bridges so help a brotha out

Post Thanks / Like

The COE will whack your pp if they catch you with out your kill switch on too from what I understand, although it's not in the regs. Prolly cause whacking your pp hasn't been codified yet.

Seriously, one of you non-gewbers needs to make an inspection on Don's boat while he's up there. Specifically, check his kill switch, motor mounts, check his prop for fishing line and make sure his batteries are in decent shape. Wouldn't hurt to check his TM prop for fishing line, his lower unit for water and the bearings on his trailer as well as air pressure. I get a distinct vibe that maintenance ain't exactly his forte.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You pegged me on that one bud

Gonna take care of quite a few things before I get up there. Wash/wax the boat. Vacuum it, clean out the line on the trolling motor.HOOK UP the GPS (still won;t be mounted though, hehe) Kills switch, I STILL ain't found for my boat unless it's that toggle switch on the throttle that I don't see anyway of hooking anything into it. You have to push down on it to kill the motor and I don't see where that would work if you get tossed out of the boat. Actually gonna start this evening doing a few things to it. WB, why can't you STOP BY for abit that weekend.
    Last edited by DonDon; 05-19-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BUMP and I'll keep on bumping this one

Thanks for the info guys

Post Thanks / Like

No more than five rods per person DD - and from what I hear, it'd be
    better to not keep anything much below 12 1/2".
    A shrunk-up in the cooler, dead-on 12" fish is still a ticket from what
    I understand. And 20 is right.

Did you get yer kill switch figured out? It sounds like you just need the
    lanyard with little plastic gizmo to work with the toggle switch you have.
    If you can't find one, I noticed other night at Wally World a universal
    set, lanyard with supposedly plastic pieces to fit most all brands of motors.
    About 10 bucks, but it might be as cheap as one from a Merc dealer, dunno.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

As for where the fishies are, just look for the pack of boats
    towing "mailboxes" around you'll know it when you see it :D
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOL, will do. I did some LOOKING BACK here and there

in old posts on 2 or 3 sites and found that (and I hope I didn't mix a couple lakes up i the same file) these are a cople places to troll and ease through. Piney Point, Wyatt's crossing, U Graham, Holliday. Pats Bluff; Hurrican :anding and the Umbrella Tree. Several more in what I've found SO FAR

Post Thanks / Like

If you're gonna run all the way to Piney Woods to fish, you better make sure you top off your tank in the morning. LOL. It's about 8 miles from my house.

Post me a pic of that kill switch and I'll help ya figure it out. Does it kill the motor when you switch it?

Naw, that's my anniversary weekend. Ain't gonna happen. Matter of fact, I ain't gonna even mention it to her. I ain't scared. I'm cautious. LOL.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lol Wb

I understand but I think she'd actually have fun if you stopped by for abit. Want me to ask her tonight for ya when you run some erands? LOL I'll take a picture tonight of everything I can see on the inside of that part of the boat. Tonights main goal is the GPS and getting it up and running

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast