Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scales

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scales

What brand digital scales do you guys use? and do you think there are acurate?

I have been looking for a set of hand held (or an affordable set of tabletop) scales that measures in pounds and tenths but have come up with none. Any help?

The biggest problem for me is that when people say a fish weighed 2.9, that really means it ALMOST weighed 3 pounds, but my deal is are people using handhelds, and it reads 2 pounds 9 ounces, and then they call if 2.9?

I think the digital scale world should get together and either make em all with .10s or all with ounces....:rolleyes:

What do ya'll think?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, bet bigger knows a good source for digital scales. And his go all the way down to grams.

Now, go to bed, you've got to go to work tomorrow you know.

Wannabe..
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what happens when kids get taught math by the numbers only and not the units associated with them. Maybe just go straight SI(metric) and confuse everyone. 39cm fish with a mass of .52 Kg might be the way to go. I still use spring scales, but specify lb/oz or lb & fractions of lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Berkley digital that weighs in lb/oz and they seem to be pretty accurate. I have used them to get a guess on my fish before a weigh in and it has always been real close.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scales

I also have berkley digital scales but found a problem this weekend. When culling my choice of last fish to weigh they all 4 showed the same 1 pound 1 ounce. I am getting me a balance beam before the next tournament. I used one before with a partner and they work great for culling.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to staples and bought a digital postal scale for 20. Works well and is very accurate.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

What does that postal scale go up to, could you weigh a tourney limit on there?
    It's all over but the fryin'......

Post Thanks / Like

no you can weigh individual fish, mine goes to 10lbs
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Spring loaded scale from 1961, immediately add 6 oz., and lie like a dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Patrick. I see this misunderstanding often. I use Rapala digital scale in the boat and I keep Salter digital kitchen scales in the truck for actual weigh-ins. This scale allows me to zero out the weight of the container.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast