Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question???

I caught 16 crappie spider rigging above a brushpile yesterday at Sardis. The brushpile is in 13-14 feet of water. Several weeks ago my wife an I caught several large females full of eggs off this same pile when it was in 4 FOW.

The fish I caught yesterday were an even mixture of males and females and the females did not have eggs left. The males were very darkened. I first thought the males were guarding the nest but then started catching very large females from same pile. Why are those fish together? I would have expected the females to be out in deeper water since their eggs were essentially gone and not still in there with the males.

I'm still kinda new to this crappie catching and trying to figure out all the whys and hows. Explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I would think after the spawn they all school together. Maybe they are some of them new fangled ones that don't believe in segregation. Really I don't know though

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me where this pile is and I'll try to give you an answer. You need to put vital info like this in your post. How would Wannabe ever find the fish if people dont include all the information.

Post Thanks / Like

wb got links to satellites he know all
    did you see the size of that fish