Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Am I a liar?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I a liar?

Maybe... But- I finally got the chance to fish today for the first time in weeks- but with the wind I didn't go out in the old pirogue so I fished off the shore with no luck for a couple of hours- slip cork and jig. Then I remembered reading about catching them under docks when its hot. Well, it was hot enough in the sun today and so I went up on a couple of the docks around the lake and just stuck my jig in on the shady side about 2 feet down- and I got 36 keepers over 12" (well, more like 8 or maybe 5) and several dinks. Biggest was 15". All in about 45 minutes.

I ate good tonite, I can tell you and that AIN'T no lie :D

Now this was on one of the small Forest Service lakes which is shallow and the water temps are getting up to almost 70* (20-21*C on my thermometer) so I doubt they are doing this yet on the bigger lakes, but...

Going to the gulf next week for redfish. Hope the weather gets fine.
    What?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh the big lakes are HOT right now.

The rez over near the natchez Trace was 81.3 degrees and over by the causway was 78.4. Got hot fast. Lewt me know how ya did on the reds. I've never been down there fishing for them and only fished the gulf twice. 1 charter boat after katrina which they couldn't find their structure so for 440 bucks I got 10 pounds of snapper filets and 5 pounds of triggger fish. then last year went to Orange beach and fished the bay bridge a couple nights catching only bluefish and lady fish. BOTH aren't fit to eat. Got a seminar in july though down on the coast and taking my boat for some inshore fishing
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

"Am I a liar".

No, a liar is someone who doesn't tell the truth. You are a gewber.

You do know what a gewber is don't you? I thought so.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default King of the Gewbers

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    "Am I a liar".

No, a liar is someone who doesn't tell the truth. You are a gewber.

You do know what a gewber is don't you? I thought so.

Wannabe...
    Well Ding-dang,

When the King of the gewbers tells you that you're a gewber, I guess you just have to accept it for gospel truth. But my boys tell me that I'm a 'no-good fishin bonehead'- might that be about the same thing?

Don-Don,
    I'll let y'all know how I did- I'm going to the Apalachicola area and it should be good fun. I'm with you on the ladyfish- fun to catch but not good to eat. Now little snapper blues can be good if you clean em immediately, get out the dark meat and stick the fillets on ice. But it can depend on what the fish were eating as they will be more oily if they've been chewing on sardines or menhaden... I hope to get in with the reds and some whiting.
    What?

Post Thanks / Like

Entirely different, I called you a gewber with love, appreciation and sincerity in my heart. Sounds like your boys have it in for you though. LOL.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to be so late in the game but........Im gonna quote a hat I once saw " I fish therefore I lie" does that esplain it enuf Lucy??
    Stick yo jig in there!