Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Need Of Some Answers!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default In Need Of Some Answers!!!!

Hi Guys,

I Am New Here And I Have Some Questions. To Start Off With, What Would You Consider The Best Crappie Lake In Miss? I Have Always Fished Mainly Oxbow Lakes Near The Miss. River. I Would Like To Start Fishing In Lakes That Don't Rise And Fall With The River. What Time Of Year Is Best On Your Choice? Method? Bait? Water Level? Just Not Too Keen On The Bigger Lakes. Never Fished Them Much. Thanx A Bunch!!
    " There he is!!........Oh my God!!........Get the net, get the net!! "

Post Thanks / Like

DD, not sure what you are calling a bigger lake but the Ross Barnett can offer some great summer fishing. Just don't think of it as big because it is really broke up into 5 parts in my opinion. Pelahatchie Bay, Upper, Lower, above 43, and the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Take your pick, Grenada, Enid, Sardis, are three of the best crappie lakes in the country. Any method of fishing will work. Jigs, minnows, crankbaits.... it ain't rocket science.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

If bigger lakes are what your trying to avoid, I'd skip Grenada and arkabutla. Both get pretty rough pretty quick. Prolly enid is your closest and best choice. Has the best layout for finding areas out of the wind.

Wannabe
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

D.D.
    If you want to try Enid I am goin Sat. am. will be at the Long Branch Ramp @ 5:45-6:00 am. If you want to meet and follow me be there
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Day in and day out...Oaktibbee is the best crappie lake in Mississippi. Very few big fish, but you can catch lots of fish there year round.

Post Thanks / Like

D. you live in Cleveland and Lake Charlie Capps has some of the biggest crappie in the state. They are hybrids, rebel crappie but many a 4lber has been caught in that lake.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

duckhunter is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by torch View Post
    D. you live in Cleveland and Lake Charlie Capps has some of the biggest crappie in the state. They are hybrids, rebel crappie but many a 4lber has been caught in that lake.
    torch, didnt they drain that lake and close it?

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, yep. It's now a "water fowl" area that as of yet has been unfunded for 4 years. Iffen Torch wasn't so busy coming over here and poaching my lake and stuck around closer to home every once in a while, he'd a knownt that.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to be a smart(*&.lol Sorry D. couldn't resist.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast