Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yikes!

I ain't been fishin' since the 7th and I'm having some serious withdrawals going on over here! This intersession class is some kinda' intense. Oh everybody says, "take the summer classes; they are soooo much easier"! Them right there are darn-tooting idiots is all that is.

I ain't even got time to worry with my poor broken-down motor which is waiting on my TLC (or a replacement), so when I get finished with this class, I've got to deal with that before I can get to my water!

I'll say this though: Enid is full. I did steal a few minutes to ride down there on the four wheeler, and there is no lake-bottom to ride around anymore. It is now officially under the water. I admit that it was fun being able to ride through the woods and the lake at the same time. I was mildly concerned about snakes but not about getting stuck cause I had me plenty of trees to winch to! Peace of mind.

OHOHOH...yeah, last winter me and the family went out riding when there was a lake bottom to ride on, and I found out some rules of lake-bottom riding:

1) Never go without a buddy on a four-wheeler at least as big as the one you're riding.
    2)If you break #1, make pooting sure that you stick close enough to the treeline to be about to use your winch.
    3)Don't worry about bringing a shovel to dig out with, because the mud goes all the way to the center of the earth and digging just helps bury the wheeler worse.

Yeah, I dug and dug and pulled and pushed and my four wheeler just sank deeper and deeper. I was lucky that I did have another wheeler with me (it was a 250 and not big enough to pull nothing out) and that I live 10 minutes from where I was stuck. I had to go home, bring back a jack, concrete blocks, 2x6's, and I had to build a bridge under it to get out. I was in a wash that I couldn't tell was a wash until all the sand/mud gave way and sunk me.

Where did that come from? I have no idea. I guess...I've just been missing you guys...boohoo...and didn't have no fishing story...so I had to share something!

Post Thanks / Like

I can relate to that, I got stuck at Sardis a couple of times this year! Yikes and I buried my 4 wheeler in a puddle about the size of a bathtub at the Grenada habitat day but luckily we had some help getting it out.
    It's all over but the fryin'......