Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickwick/WIlson Tournament this Saturday

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick/WIlson Tournament this Saturday

SACA will have our next tournament on Pickwick and Wilson this Saturday, Sept 3rd. Our Meeting is this Wednesday at Muscle Shoals middle school band
    room at 7:30pm If you plan on fishing this tournmanet, you must come to the meeting Wednesday night, or call me Friday night. I will be launching from Rose Trail which is not the weigh in site. The weigh in is at a central location for those who are fishing Wilson. The weigh-in will be in SHeffield at RiverFront Park.

At this meeting, I will have the points race so far figured out. Also, Brad and I will talk a little bit about how we spider-rig/tighline, and how we have set our boats up for this kind of fishing. Each meeting we will try to get someone to talk a little bit about a different technique that they fish.

Hope to see many of you there.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget everyone, launch from anywhere. Start fishing at 6:30 and stop at 12:00. The weigh in will begin when I get to Riverfront.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

so where are the results David? j/k I know you will get to it monday..

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

well, we didn't have nearly the teams we have had the other tournaments. But with the events in the past week or so, I can't blame folks. Gas prices and such really came at a bad time with this tournmaent. This lake is large and lots of miles to travel.

Had a good fishing trip with Todd Miller. We caught some fish in Yellow creek and somehow barely squeeked in first place. It was an hour away from the weigh in site and had to stop fishing about 11:40. The fish didn't bite until 11:00. IT was windy and I have NEVER seen that many boats on the water. Not fishing boats, but HUGE pleasure boats. Anyway, the crankbait bite was non existance. THe only person who caould have caught fish on cranks was J WHite, and he had to back out at the last minute. Got to rub it in his face a litte, though!!!!

Pat caught some fish in Big Bear, which was muddy. Caught his casting and jigging DEEEEP inside tight cover. Ken Zion fished Indian creek but dind't have a lot of luck. NO pictures this time, sorry.

The next tournament is the big deal. It is on Little Bear Creek just outside Russellville. It is loaded with crappie, and I expect many folks to come in with limits. THe deal will be who has the bigger fish. It is our first paying tournment. We changed in our last meeting one tournament procedure. We will be launching from the same boat launch every tournament instead of being so spread out. This change was really needed to keep up with paperwork and entry fees. Some folks can't make meetings because of the distance of the drive, so they would have to make a special trip to find me and get me their money. Also, it is SAFER when we all are at the same boat launch.

Also, because of the change, the December tournament will be held on WILSON lake, and the classic at the end of the year will be held on Pickwick.

I want to encourage all members to attend events as much as possible. The Associations survival depends on the attendance at our tournaments and meetings. I am in the works to change our scheduled meetings to Monday nights, for those of us who want to attend Wednesday night services at church. This should help some of us out.

The next 5 tournaments are for members only, except for the open on Wheeler lake in March. We will have a fish fry at the next meeting, which will be scheduled for Monday, October 3rd. We will be cooking crappie, so everyone come eat with us and be a part of the best fishing club in North Alabama.

I am proud to be associated with such fine people that are in the SACA. THe quality of people who contiue to join our club simply amazes me. It just proves that crappie fisherman are indeed the nicest folks on the lake.

A bunch of us will be going down to Little bear in a couple of weeks. This would be a good opportunity to come and find the boat launch, and to fish the lake with us. The members who have fished there before would be happy to show you around. I would spend the whole day helping people and getting them in position to catch some fish. I will post later exactly when I will be going. The SACA is about fishing and fellowship. Come out and join us and have a great time fishing.

Also, members be expecting a nice newsletter in the next couple of weeks. It iwll have some information about our tournaments, the points race so far, and the changes so far. Also, there will be some different articles about fishing techniques, and other tidbits of information.
    Last edited by David Waters; 09-04-2005 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that I couldn`t make it again. You know that work sometimes gets in the way of fishing. I know it should be the other way around. Keep up the good work with the club. I will make to a tournament one of these days.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

From the sounds of the tough bite, I don't know if I could have done
    anything with them or not, David. I wish I had fished it though, knew I'd
    regret not coming. But I will try to make one soon. Got to get rigged up
    so I can tightline, too. I love my crankbaits, but mainly just because I'm
    lazy This is serious business! I figure to get spanked good on Little
    Bear, won't be the first time, I guess, or the last. Maybe we SHOULD have
    released those fish last Saturday :D but they sure were good - supper and
    leftovers for lunch the next day.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White
    From the sounds of the tough bite, I don't know if I could have done
    anything with them or not, David. I wish I had fished it though, knew I'd
    regret not coming. But I will try to make one soon. Got to get rigged up
    so I can tightline, too. I love my crankbaits, but mainly just because I'm
    lazy This is serious business! I figure to get spanked good on Little
    Bear, won't be the first time, I guess, or the last. Maybe we SHOULD have
    released those fish last Saturday :D but they sure were good - supper and
    leftovers for lunch the next day.

I hope to join up there this fall.. I know I can't make every tourney because it is quite a trip for me in one of my old trucks and boat. Doc says I can't work much so I might as well fish... Hmm..money needed.. oh well that always seems to work out. :D

Budget

B uy
    U p
    D eals
    G et
    E xpensive
    T ackle

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

[when are ya going to try and fish little bear before the tourn.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about today, but I had some stuff to do with building my house. Maybe try in 2 weeks on a Sunday. I will get back with everyone and let them know. I will be mailing the newsletter Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go tomorrow probably, the 18th. Kind of early, but I need to
    learn the lake, and what with the Teezur and the opening of snagging season,
    won't have another chance until the weekend of the tournament.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast