Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WELL.....Let me tell you how it went down!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WELL.....Let me tell you how it went down!!

Bright n early I get to LB ramp....5:45 ish and call Sat....who is already on the water. I state that Im gonna wait out the pending tornado thats brewing in the west. Sat says hes gonna fish till it gets "BAD" then come in and wait it out with me. Long story short, bout 5 mins later hes burnin it up to the ramp and ties up just in time to get drenched.

So....there we were under a pavillion smoking cigs and telling lies watching some poor Bass tourney fishermens brave battle against mother nature. Constantly getting updates on the storm from Tourch.

An hour or two later it lets up and we get after it again, only to run into the motherload of dinks. By 11 i had fought the good battle and oficcially killed my battery only to look up and find myself all alone in unfarmilliar waters. So like the good boy scout I start packing it in, broke a rod in the meantime.

I got loaded up and get a call from Sat saying hes "In em good" And I inform him that I gotta go and get a new battery and Ill be back.

Unbeknownst to me Tourch is on the way and Sat told him that the road he took that morning was in good shape. Tourch forgeting about the 4 inch deluge takes the "Road less Traveled" and repaints his boat delta mud brown and is pissed.

Enroute to get a new battery, I lost the lid to a cooler on the interstate, but on the positive side I did get to have lunch at the BYB, which is another story all together.

In summary...12 hours on the water, 85 dolla battery, 1 cooler lid, 8 dolla lunch, 2 lost RR's, and 1 broken rod = 1 keeper fish.....A good day wouldnt ya say?
    Last edited by biggerjigger; 05-11-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, we were headed to Sardis about 5:30, and ran into said tornado, we wheeled it around at Pope, came home, got a couple more hours sleep, and then went back. Was a pretty day, we ended up with 6 keepers i think, and 20 or so throwbacks. Did get into a pile of white bass at one point that gav us a run for our money, but we won. Good day on the water, except for the 80 extra miles we drove Sat morning.

Post Thanks / Like

So just what are ya tryin to say BJ? Is it that I had 8 KEEPERS to your 1 and I just flat out fished ya or what? Torch said he wound up with 7 before yall had to get off the water. So ifin you had 1 and torch gave ya 7 that means that ya wound up with 8. Near as I can figger that is around 15.00 per fish. Just let us hear from ya when you ready to go again....
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Dadgummit, I waited all day for this? Just another recount of an ordinary, typical fishing trip. Dern, I thought it was gonna be a good one.

And why in the heck are there no pictures to go with the story? I swear, sometimes I think I'm dealing with a bunch of rank amateurs around here.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I concur:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    I swear, sometimes I think I'm dealing with a bunch of rank amateurs around here.

Wannabe...

Post Thanks / Like

Well.....As for Torch's 7 fish,.....well er.....3 of em musta flopped out of my topless cooler before I got home, cause I didnt have but 5 total!...1 + 7 = 8 not 5.....Not to discredit anybody, thats just the count. BTW im ready to go back NOW!
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

bigger, that sounds like a normal fishing trip for you. matter of fact, i think you outdid yourself, fishing way over your head.

Post Thanks / Like

Bigger I have pressured washed my trailer 2 times now and still ain't got all the gravel out from under it. Me and you timed it just right getting away the bottom fell out at the interstate and rained hard all the way to Parchman.

Note to self don't ever pull boat down gravel road after 4" rain.
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

Good call there Torch. at least dont take Sat's word for it.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggerjigger View Post
    Good call there Torch. at least dont take Sat's word for it.
    BJ, that road was fine when I came through at 4:00 am. NO mud just dry gravel.:p
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast